The New App (3.0.x)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
So here's the deal:

Ever since I downloaded the new "dark" app that loads the photo of all the arms raised up, holy moly...talk about a big pile of trash.

1) Some songs start 30 seconds or more into the song.
2) Going along with that, some songs start playing...then it'll play another song entirely.
3) When I change a channel, it'll keep playing the old channel as it loads the information for the new channel's song then it'll start playing the new song...all that over the course of several seconds. Basically, it doesn't change channels "cleanly" to use a word.
4) Along with that, it'll randomly crash or give me a message about how my ~15.2Mbps internet isn't fast (quality?) enough. Everything else works fine.

Any ideas? I complained once to Sirius corporate (the guys in Nova Scotia) and they said they were aware of some issues, bla bla bla.... Any clues?

Edit -- Ok, it looks like I'm not the only one. Still, why not push out some bug fixes?
The problem with SiriusXM Radio's iOS app -- AppAdvice

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I saw the update the other day, but just haven't had a chance to try it yet.
I should.

Have you tried the old clearing of the cache thing or the uninstall/reinstall?
It helps some apps.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Oh...and on that note, whose idea was it to put bumpers in the customized "MySXM" feed?

NOT. COOL. :mad::mad::mad:

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
So here's the deal:

Ever since I downloaded the new "dark" app that loads the photo of all the arms raised up, holy moly...talk about a big pile of trash.

1) Some songs start 30 seconds or more into the song.
2) Going along with that, some songs start playing...then it'll play another song entirely.
3) When I change a channel, it'll keep playing the old channel as it loads the information for the new channel's song then it'll start playing the new song...all that over the course of several seconds. Basically, it doesn't change channels "cleanly" to use a word.
4) Along with that, it'll randomly crash or give me a message about how my ~15.2Mbps internet isn't fast (quality?) enough. Everything else works fine.

Any ideas? I complained once to Sirius corporate (the guys in Nova Scotia) and they said they were aware of some issues, bla bla bla.... Any clues?

Edit -- Ok, it looks like I'm not the only one. Still, why not push out some bug fixes?
The problem with SiriusXM Radio's iOS app -- AppAdvice
This sounds like the PC app I've had for 2 months or so. Yeah it sucks. Besides what you mentioned, it also takes up most of my monitor screen space - there's no compact mode. Sometimes I'll be on a music channel, use the pause, and then when I resume the "go live" is inactive, so if I want to skip to live, I have to toggle to/from another channel. It's horrible.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is one of the reasons why I cancelled most of my Sirius subscriptions. The Internet Player is ok on the PC, but the app SUCKS MISERABLY. They need to trash that steaming pile of excrement completely and start over from scratch with someone who actually knows how to write code for apps.

Almost all the time, the Sirius|XM app stutters, thinks with the circular wheel of death on the screen, pauses the music on its own, tells me there was an error and that the app has to close, re-requests my saved login credentials, forgets my favorites, or certain channels just don't load for whatever reason, causing me to reboot the phone and re-open the app.

So, this is one of a few reasons why I have moved away from Sirius. They were great in 2005 when they were 1 of only 2 names that had a premium radio experience. Now, there are so many services out there that Sirius isn't worth their asking price. I have used Slacker, Pandora, Google Play Music's new radio stations, and my own library to fulfill my music needs since I have left and it seems to be working just fine for me. [/rant.]

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I spoke to someone at Sirius today who said there was recently an iPhone app update which seemed to have fixed many of the issues brought on by the update. Android update released in 2-3 weeks, he guessed.

He advised uninstalling the old one before installing the update.

I also got $20 service credit.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I spoke to someone at Sirius today who said there was recently an iPhone app update which seemed to have fixed many of the issues brought on by the update. Android update released in 2-3 weeks, he guessed.

He advised uninstalling the old one before installing the update.

I also got $20 service credit.

Wow. $20 Service Credit, huh? I just got a flyer in the mail.... 5 months/$20 XM Select Package for all inactive radios on my account. Obviously, that's a per radio price. Unfortunately... no Howard Stern, no dice for me. They wont do the same deal for All Access, so.......

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Wow. $20 Service Credit, huh? I just got a flyer in the mail.... 5 months/$20 XM Select Package for all inactive radios on my account. Obviously, that's a per radio price. Unfortunately... no Howard Stern, no dice for me. They wont do the same deal for All Access, so.......

Yeah, I've been in that "half off for a year" promo for several years. It used to be "half off Sirius Everything for a year" and then I'd pay regular price for internet access, but they ended up converting me to some promo for All Access for a year, which they claimed was less.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah, I've been in that "half off for a year" promo for several years. It used to be "half off Sirius Everything for a year" and then I'd pay regular price for internet access, but they ended up converting me to some promo for All Access for a year, which they claimed was less.
All Access for a year is $119.88, plus tax and music royalty fee... which comes out to like $135.00. If they would do all access at 5 months for $20, I would sign up tomorrow. Otherwise, its not worth it. :)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
...and I just got a link to download the beta version. While the email said that it could be an hour or two until the beta appeared as a download, a restart of my phone had it show up immediately.

FWIW, I've noticed that is usually the case... restart the phone and I can see downloads that weren't there before.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I don't use the website all that much, but I am LOVING the "music only" option on the customized version.

George Takei: "Good evening. Today is August fourth in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Fifteen and *this* is the new SiriusXM app. Finally, an app that works! HURRAH! No more annoying bumpers between songs. And now, introducing the rest of the app in alphabetical order because everyone on this service has such a fragile ego."

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I haven't bothered with the app in a while.
I listen enough on my Lynx, that lately when I use my phone for music, I've been using Slacker. If it's working better, I should give it a try.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I don't know if this is brought on via the new update or not, but the "recent" option via the bottom menu has options to go straight into customized channels if applicable.

Reactions: HecticArt