The North Shore Animal League will destory this show!

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I think what he means is if more people would call in and email he might get the hint. Not that he would care or even think about reading something on the air about Beth. It's just getting a little annoying to hear that stuff every day.

No, he claimed that maybe more comparisons to Imus were needed. He said nothing (and has always said nothing, even when he was Howardaddict at SBS) that would lead one to think he means anything except posting those complaints on a forum. He has never claimed to have e-mailed or called the show, ever. He has, on the other hand, frequently represented his posts as a vigilant stand against Howard himself. Hence my "Mr. Quixote" nickname for him.

As far as his complaints are concerned, I couldn't care less about the Dogcademy Awards, which is why I turned it off, then turned it back on for the great Eric The Midget segment that immediately followed. I was able to enjoy the ETM segment because I have the rational thought required to realize not everything on the show is to my personal liking and changing the channel is an apt response when I dislike something.

Last edited:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
All I got from the Dogcadamy Awards segment was that although the players have not changed in twenty years, the particulars of who hates who has changed. Back in the day, Howard was friends with the "Belz" and was at war with Chevy, today...well, things have changed quite a bit.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
No, he claimed that maybe more comparisons to Imus were needed. He said nothing (and has always said nothing, even when he was Howardaddict at SBS) that would lead one to think he means anything except posting those complaints on a forum. He has never claimed to have e-mailed or called the show, ever. He has, on the other hand, frequently represented his posts as a vigilant stand against Howard himself. Hence my "Mr. Quixote" nickname for him.

As far as his complaints are concerned, I couldn't care less about the Dogcademy Awards, which is why I turned it off, then turned it back on for the great Eric The Midget segment that immediately followed. I was able to enjoy the ETM segment because I have the rational thought required to realize not everything on the show is to my personal liking and changing the channel is an apt response when I dislike something.

I do email the show and I do think he is made aware of email. Do you have an opinion on Howard's tirade against Belzer ... (who, in my opinion, is a true friend of the show and a generally great interview)? Do you have an opinion on whether or not Beth's influence on Howard is taking the show in the wrong direction? Why not join the discussion rather than trashing other posters?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Howard's denigration of Belzer was warranted. He was supposed to host the event, and cancelled 15 minutes prior?!?! That's pretty shitty, right? I think some of you are letting your hate for Beth and the NSAL sway your opinion.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Why not join the discussion rather than trashing other posters?
ignore list. put him on it. i have, as others have.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Howard's denigration of Belzer was warranted. He was supposed to host the event, and cancelled 15 minutes prior?!?! That's pretty shitty, right? I think some of you are letting your hate for Beth and the NSAL sway your opinion.

no, he shouldn't have cancelled. I think if it wasn't a NSAL event, there would be little mention, and no tirade, thats the difference

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
I do email the show and I do think he is made aware of email. Do you have an opinion on Howard's tirade against Belzer ... (who, in my opinion, is a true friend of the show and a generally great interview)? Do you have an opinion on whether or not Beth's influence on Howard is taking the show in the wrong direction? Why not join the discussion rather than trashing other posters?
This is what he does-i suggest you use the ignore list-i already did:yesshake:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
no, he shouldn't have cancelled. I think if it wasn't a NSAL event, there would be little mention, and no tirade, thats the difference

But don't Howard fans clamor for his rants and tirades, like back in the "good ol' days" I always hear about? This should have been right up everyone's alley, no? I guess people took it personally since Belzer was the victim.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008

My oh my, the "geezer" who "hates censorship" is now giving me lessons on what I should or shouldn't post? Et tu Quixote? :scratch:

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Neigh-addict will never put me on ignore. Artie had an easier time kicking heroin than Neigh-addict would have trying to ignore me. In case you haven't noticed - The "geezer" is a little obsessed.

By the way, Neigh-addict - What's sadder, posting to complain on a website that is ignored by the person you are complaining about, or directly e-mailing the person to complain, and still being ignored? The world wants to know. :hah:

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
But don't Howard fans clamor for his rants and tirades, like back in the "good ol' days" I always hear about? This should have been right up everyone's alley, no? I guess people took it personally since Belzer was the victim.

True... I have always enjoyed Howard's tirades and still do .. but not if it means that Belzer quietly disappears forever and his slot is filled by someone like Billy Joel's child bride pushing another cookbook for an hour...

I don't hate Beth.....she seems like a nice enough person.... I just hate her effect on the show... Remember Howard torturing the PETA chicks by threating to kill a lobster thereby inducing them to strip to save it? Remember Howard's general trashing of celebrity animal lovers? Those days seem to be over...

I was disppointed that Robin and Artie and even Fred joined in the piling on of Belzer. ... no one dares utter a word in defense... Although Howard and Belzer disagreed on many things, they seemed to be on the same humor wave length.... So Belzer blew off the NSAL gala...or whatever... The NSAL may have plenty of reason to be pissed off but the Howard Stern Show does not... Belzer has built up a lot of credit over years... There should be no talk of banning him for blowing off an animal charity event..

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008

Actually, they take it personally every time Beth is the subject. Either directly, indirectly or even as a fringe element, every time Beth is mentioned, the usual suspects start foaming at the mouth like a rapid dog. For some reason, Howard getting divorced then marrying Beth is reacted to as if he just killed their hamster and raped their sister, instead of a guy talking about his girlfriend/wife.

Not to mention the sheer stupid-face euphoria they feel when anyone brings up that one throw away horse joke Sal made. That joke has become the Torah, Koran and King Jame's version all wrapped into one for them (just look at Howardaddict's name change for proof). Some have actually referred to it as the "single best moment" of the show on satellite. Honestly, just how fucked up is that?

I really don't get it and I'll never claim to understand it; but the reaction is so visceral and primal, it's gotta have something to do with Howard not adhering to some godlike, elevated, hero worship plane of existence on which they previously held him. Personally, my hero is in Iraq right now and I've never held any celebrities up to such lofty heights. No person can survive that, so eventually they'll disappoint you and there is nothing more to do except tear them down.

As I've said, I listen to the show for entertainment. If I laugh, I laugh. If I don't like the subject, I don't take it as a personal insult to my loyalty, I simply change the channel. Honestly, if I wanted to buy a hero, there are much better places I would shop; plus the one's I admire cost me (and the world) a hell of a lot more than $12.99/month.

Last edited:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I almost pissed my pants laughing when he called Belzer a "B" list celebrity. Who the hell are Howard and Beth (especially)??? I'm a Howard fan, but c'mon...they should kiss the feet of any celebrity (A through D list) that gives them the time of day. Howard is a friggin' radio host, and Beth's only accomplishment is being blessed with some OK DNA.

I'm just keeping it real here.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Actually, they take it personally every time Beth is the subject. Either directly, indirectly or even as a fringe element, every time Beth is mentioned, the usual suspects start foaming at the mouth like a rapid dog. For some reason, Howard getting divorced then marrying Beth is reacted to as if he just killed their hamster and raped their sister, instead of a guy talking about his girlfriend/wife.

I think a lot of people are simply jealous of Beth (including Robin). Deny it all you want, but I'm sure some of you would go gay for Howie.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
I almost pissed my pants laughing when he called Belzer a "B" list celebrity. Who the hell are Howard and Beth (especially)??? I'm a Howard fan, but c'mon...they should kiss the feet of any celebrity (A through D list) that gives them the time of day. Howard is a friggin' radio host, and Beth's only accomplishment is being blessed with some OK DNA.

I'm just keeping it real here.
Yea ya gotta love it(Howard does not need Belzer to do the show anymore)Tito Ortiz is waiting to take his place.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I think a lot of people are simply jealous of Beth (including Robin). Deny it all you want, but I'm sure some of you would go gay for Howie.

Watch out, Neigh-addict's going to have a field day with his "hetero guilt" bullshit. The little we see inside his mind is enough, thanks. As far as being "gay" for Howard, as I said above, I never had that kind of hero worship and despite Neigh-addict's homo-erotic intimations, I'm not even close to being gay.

PS - Full disclosure - When I was young, Bobby Orr achieved godlike status in my eyes and in most ways he still does . . . but that's ok, he actually is a god. ;)