The North Shore Animal League will destory this show!

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Gee, a few months back when Belzer was on, people were asking "who the fuck is this guy?" or complaining about him being another guest from the past like Dice or Dee. Now since Howard got pissed at him, he's an A-lister who is irreplacable on the show. Now I love Belzer, but he's certainly not appeared enough to be that integral to the show, he's certainly not A-list and despite his long run as Munch, he does sort of compare more to Dee, Dice and David Brenner than Tracy Morgan or Toby McGuire.

As far as I'm concerned, the only irreplacable guest from then, now, and probably the future is Gilbert. Period. YMMV (more than likely depending on who Howard defends Beth against that particular day).

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I really don't get it and I'll never claim to understand it; but the reaction is so visceral and primal, it's gotta have something to do with Howard not adhering to some godlike, elevated, hero worship plane of existence on which they previously held him. Personally, my hero is in Iraq right now and I've never held any celebrities up to such lofty heights. No person can survive that, so eventually they'll disappoint you and there is nothing more to do except tear them down.

LOL What a bunch of jumbled up bullshit. I shouldn't get lured in but I cannot resist. Yess...Howard is a god but obviously not your conventual role model god... He is a sometimes monster god..... a god of entertainment... a rffing god... a hero to the super cynical critics in the world of Stern.... a god who had no sacred cows (other than his various projects that were languishing)... Comparing him to some hero in Iraq is ridiculous.... it's apples and oranges......

Good button pushing..

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
LOL What a bunch of jumbled up bullshit. I shouldn't get lured in but I cannot resist. Yess...Howard is a god but obviously not your conventual role model god... He is a sometimes monster god..... a god of entertainment... a rffing god... a hero to the super cynical critics in the world of Stern.... a god who had no sacred cows (other than his various projects that were languishing)... Comparing him to some hero in Iraq is ridiculous.... it's apples and oranges......

Good button pushing..

I didn't compare him to a hero in Iraq, you friggin' dunce. I said I didn't consider him a hero. I then said my hero was in Iraq. The only "comparison" made was that there is no fucking comparison. Speaka zee English?

And no, he's not a god. He is an extremely flawed human being who happens to have a superb talent for dick and fart jokes. He also has a genius radio mind and is a great interviewer. But he is no more immune to the compulsions and trappings of this world than you or I; hence his failed marriage, his self-isolation, ignoring his kids, his mansion in the Hamptons, his trophy wife, his days off and the hypocrisy he's shown as age and wealth turn his jaded eye a lot less jaded and his youthful rebellion into something more mellow. That is a person, not a god. To say he is a god is only setting him up for failure. Hence your disappointment.

Let me tell you something my dad once said, "geezer" to "geezer" - Always expect someone to be exactly who they are. You'll never be disappointed in them again.

PS - Now follow little Robbie's advice and please use ignore. I don't want to have to sift through your no-reading-comprehension-having horseshit again. Please for once, resist!!

Last edited:

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md

Good button pushing..
Ignore trust me.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Naaahh... It's all in good fun.. And he (she?) who shall remain nameless is the forum foil.

I'm serious. If you are so addicted to replying, please use ignore. You really aren't much "good fun", and I'm quite content to have malcontents such as you, Hank-The-Stealer and little Robbie ignore me. It makes this forum immensly more enjoyable. I really didn't need you popping into the discussion A_J and I were having. Quite frankly, you can't keep up, as was shown by your snipping of 3/4's of my post, and completely misintepreting the only part you did reply to.

Serious as a heart attack man, you aren't worth the distraction it takes to get you up to speed. :confused:

Last edited:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Gee, a few months back when Belzer was on, people were asking "who the fuck is this guy?" or complaining about him being another guest from the past like Dice or Dee. Now since Howard got pissed at him, he's an A-lister who is irreplacable on the show. Now I love Belzer, but he's certainly not appeared enough to be that integral to the show, he's certainly not A-list and despite his long run as Munch, he does sort of compare more to Dee, Dice and David Brenner than Tracy Morgan or Toby McGuire.

As far as I'm concerned, the only irreplacable guest from then, now, and probably the future is Gilbert. Period. YMMV (more than likely depending on who Howard defends Beth against that particular day).

Don't count me in among those that asked who Belzer was a couple of months ago, I loved that he was on the show recently, he helped to make that show totally worthwhile. I don't really remember anyone asking who Belzer was, by the way.

When I posted about the irony involved with the state of the show of today with that of the early 90's, I only did so to highlight how the players have remained the same, but how their status within the show has changed. I didn't write it to put the current state of the show down in any way, I only did so to show a spotlight on how much it has changed and how strange it is to me; Chevy can go to Howard's wedding in jeans and deliver a Governale type of roast and he's "queen of the prom" in Howard's eyes, while Belzer is shunned away and made to appear to be selfish without so much as a word from the man himself in his own defense. It's just weird to think about it, from an early "90's perspective" kind of way.

I don't care if Belzer is considered an "A", "B" or "D" list celebrity, I think he adds a great energy to the show that I think is mostly lacking these days. I wish he were on more often. I wish Richard Lewis was in more often. I love comedians that treat the news segment as an opportunity to crack wise and make with the funny.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Don't count me in among those that asked who Belzer was a couple of months ago, I loved that he was on the show recently, he helped to make that show totally worthwhile. I don't really remember anyone asking who Belzer was, by the way.

When I posted about the irony involved with the state of the show of today with that of the early 90's, I only did so to highlight how the players have remained the same, but how their status within the show has changed. I didn't write it to put the current state of the show down in any way, I only did so to show a spotlight on how much it has changed and how strange it is to me; Chevy can go to Howard's wedding in jeans and deliver a Governale type of roast and he's "queen of the prom" in Howard's eyes, while Belzer is shunned away and made to appear to be selfish without so much as a word from the man himself in his own defense. It's just weird to think about it, from an early "90's perspective" kind of way.

I don't care if Belzer is considered an "A", "B" or "D" list celebrity, I think he adds a great energy to the show that I think is mostly lacking these days. I wish he were on more often. I wish Richard Lewis was in more often. I love comedians that treat the news segment as an opportunity to crack wise and make with the funny.

Packie (if I can call you Packie), I almost never direct my comments at you or your posts. You should know that by now. I direct them at the foaming at the mouth retards who pounce on any mention of Beth as evidence that the devil himself possessed Howard and made him marry a horse faced troll who's only purpose is to sabotage the show.

I too love Belzer, but as the few sane people in here have said, canceling 5 minutes before the gig was a dick move and no one would blink at Howard bagging on him if it didn't involve the NSAL. After all, aren't these the same folks who bitched for weeks after Howard blew off Gary's dad's wake at the last minute, hmmmm?

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Packie (if I can call you Packie), I almost never direct my comments at you or your posts. You should know that by now. I direct them at the foaming at the mouth retards who pounce on any mention of Beth as evidence that the devil himself possessed Howard and made him marry a horse faced troll who's only purpose is to sabotage the show.

I too love Belzer, but as the few sane people in here have said, canceling 5 minutes before the gig was a dick move and no one would blink at Howard bagging on him if it didn't involve the NSAL. After all, aren't these the same folks who bitched for weeks after Howard blew off Gary's dad's wake at the last minute, hmmmm?

I understand, I just wanted to be clear because I think that my comment might have helped to spurn on the strange spiral that eventually led to your comment. Because I was at the root, sort of, I just wanted to be clear.

And yes, it was a dick move to cancel on a charity gig, but...and I must stress this, not just because he's been such a great friend of the show, but I think Howard should have held off for a quick beat, but I guess Howard was just providing kindling for Belzer's appearance that's coming up.

It was a dick move, but his name is Richard.

And yes, you may call me Packie.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey

What else would it involve? If you are talking about the show OK..., blowing off the show is grounds for an old fashioned Howard war. But the NSAL is not the show... at least not yet.

Howard blowing off Gary's dad's wake and then defending it was wonderfully unfeeling. Remember a few years back when Howard talked about how he had no friends at the station and that he had no more feeling for Gary than a door? And, of course, Howard's walkout on poor Gary and Mary's grand dinner was against monsterously unfeeling but very entertaining. Good for the show. Cutting off a great guest like Belzer because he blew off "honey's" fund raiser for dogs is not entertaining and it hurts the show. (And what's with Howard not letting Beth "take a call" from Belzer?)

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
What else would it involve? If you are talking about the show OK..., blowing off the show is grounds for an old fashioned Howard war. But the NSAL is not the show... at least not yet.

Howard blowing off Gary's dad's wake and then defending it was wonderfully unfeeling. Remember a few years back when Howard talked about how he had no friends at the station and that he had no more feeling for Gary than a door? And, of course, Howard's walkout on poor Gary and Mary's grand dinner was against monsterously unfeeling but very entertaining. Good for the show. Cutting off a great guest like Belzer because he blew off "honey's" fund raiser for dogs is not entertaining and it hurts the show. (And what's with Howard not letting Beth "take a call" from Belzer?)

If this is what Howard's main concern is right now, no wonder Sirius stock is a 25 cents! The show is slowly becoming a platform for Beth to place plugs on...it's become more her show than Howard's! Could you imagine if Alison tried to take up this much time for anything...never would have happened cause fans would not allow it (nor would Howard...nor would the crew!). And it's been all about NSAL for the entire week. What a fittingly lame week for the show. The same week when the Sirius music lineup gets "chopped and screwed" (isn't that the T-Pain song?) Howard does some of his worst radio since coming to Sirius....I'm hoping for him to muster up some energy and humor (I don't know if it's Benji and Fred, but he's been really unfunny this week, too) before the holidays.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008

Blah blah blah blah blabbity fucking blah.

Belzer is going to be on in a couple weeks, you screwy little psycho, and it'll be great radio . . . and you'll still fucking complain. As I said to you before, please use ignore . . . your obsession with arguing with me is getting to be really creepy. I beg of you, go the fuck away!!! :right: