The North Shore Animal League will destory this show!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by VinnyM27, Nov 10, 2008.

1. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

It's always this cheery in the stern forum!

2. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Not to clue Neigh-addict into yet another thread in which he can jump on me like white on rice, but the "Guests of Christmas Past", the Robin can't find an assitant, and the "Obama" threads are pretty upbeat and cordial. Of course they are absent the usual suspects (except maybe DLM, but I wrote him off as a petulant child after he stole my username. I don't argue with 12 year olds). I think the reason this one got heated is because of "that woman." Nothing causes a more visceral response in here than Howard bringing up Beth. As they say: Hell hath no fury like a bunch of "women" scorned. ;)

3. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

You son of a bitch

4. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Can be... Poster A does a rant based upon Sal and Richard or Beth or Artie or Fridays off . Poster B disagrees with the rant and so on. Poster A does another rant on a another subject and Poster C disagrees and so on... If you see a lot of replies to a new thread... that is usually what I would call a discussion...
    Let's say Poster A creates a new thread that says... " I quit" with no reason given... that would not set up a discussion...and would be skipped over by me

5. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

Poster A sounds like (s)he could be a troll, mainly because these topics have been discussed ad nauseum. It takes established good faith to have a discussion, and I submit to you that establishing good faith is impossible if there's no indication from Poster A that they are more than an irritating pest ALWAYS looking to complain.

6. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Ding! Ding! Ding! I know people accuse me of stirring up shit and what's worse, continuing shit way past the point of annoyance, and I'm guilty, it's true. But I have to say at least I try to more than carry my weight in other discussions that haven't (yet) devolved into haters vs. fans. Can you say the same about the usual suspects and their new toadies who showed up here?

One other phenomenon I've noticed: Except for Packie Juppet, who has since changed, why is it that every one of the self-described haters have a screen name closely related to the show? DLM, Hank, Neigh/Howardaddict, etc., etc. Could it be the haters are way over the top into the show, even using it as the source for their online identity, and therefore they can be over-sensitive to any and every slight, no matter how real or imagined?

PS - There you go Neigh-addict - How's that for psycho babble? I dare you to "add to the discussion", as you always say you want people to do. :D

7. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I like you guys, but you're crazy :crazy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ-LHGfMuLM]YouTube - Your Crazy Man[/ame]

8. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Originally(back in 2006) I wanted to be Jackie Puppet on the SBS message board, but SBS wouldn't allow it after I entered in all of my pertinent information. I couldn't be bothered to try and figure out a new name on the fly, so I switched the letters and was thus accepted into the system. I use my current name(Ifandorbut) on other message boards, so I figured I would just settle back into a name that I'm more comfortable with.

9. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I'm sorry for that one. Please don't tell the mods or sherrif Jgatie. Just kidding Jgatie. I'm just trying to spread some "HOLIDAY" cheer.

10. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll let it slide this time. Next time be a bit more sensitive, okay? Not all of us celebrate Christmas!

P.S. I'm just bustin your balls. I'm not even really Jewish, how bout that? I just pose as such on message boards. That, and I'm a big Larry David fan, as you may have guessed.

11. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I figured you were messing with me. I didn't really think you were that much of an asshole. :D I think I've seen you post on CBS sportsline too. Either that or someone else uses that same pic. Now CBS sportsline........ They have some real assholes on that board.

12. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Nope...definitely not me.

13. hank-the-dwarf

i love everything howard does and talks about.

14. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Then you must have caught Howard lauding Gary and Mary FaFaFluey for adopting a kitten at the NSAL with Beth's full approval! It was really beautiful. I like it when Howard mixes in a really serious subject. Can't wait for Mrs. Joel's next appearance. Oh, and Howard kicked the day off with a long bit on JD doing a radio show. It was really really great. JD's inarticulateness is always:hah: hilarious (almost as much as Sal putting on that voice and calling a Chinese restaurant). Steve Langfort helped him out a lot. Double LOL.

15. hank-the-dwarf

I havent heard that yet but it sound like radio gold-lol;)

16. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Shit, if that is what cracks you two up, no wonder you hate the Stern Show. Fucking Teletubbies is over your heads.

17. hank-the-dwarf

18. k9feces

k9feces Member

I had to switch over to FreeBeer and Hotwings, Howard was off his game bigtime. He must have had trouble sleeping because Wood Yi got fired from CBS.

19. nafddur

nafddur Member

Stern was way funnier years ago before he was pussy whipped and when he used to goof on all those retards who like animals more than people.

AAAaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh - the good ole days.

20. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

I think it's been a very recent thing with Howard just being really off on the jokes (as well as being more off on creating banter and commentary....are we still bagging on Prince for the free concert where your old man eyes weren't working so everyone else had to suffer through your diva behavior of screaming). I know that Howard isn't perfect but when he used to be SOO way off about everything someone would be on his case (probably that guy that "quit" and would write jokes that gave the impression Howard was self deprecating). While at Sirius, Artie seemed to have grown a pair but would often just challenge him on stupid stuff like gay TV shows. Robin...I think she is just wants him to renew so she'll defend everything he says with a vigor, even the point of being waaay off mark. Howard mentions Sam Champion as not being able to attend the NSAL thing last year.

Howard: "Sam was supposed to do it last year."
    Robin: "HE LOST HIS LOOKS!"
    Howard: "Yeah, but at least he gave a week's notice"

Some other topic an hour later.
    Crazy Cat Lady (Robin): "Oh....Sam Champion lost his looks"
    Howard: "Robin, what are you talking about? We are talking to Miss Howard TV"

One of the best kiss Howard's ass moments of the week (if not EVER) was very subtle and you had to really think about it but remember when Lisa G was talking about how gross women with breast implants. Anyone notice Artie falling over himself to say, and I believe these were the exact words "Some women with breast implants are beautiful and intelligent". It was strange because he was serious...not a hint of irony from the constant joker....Let's see....Who has breast implants? In Artie's defense, he might have actually been giving Lisa a hint! How great would it have been if someone just burst in and either said "Beth has implants" or even better if Artie shouted when she didn't get the hint, "Hey, dumb dumb! Beth has implants. Want to end up like Penny Crone? If not, shut the fuck up!". Actually, though, the way it panned out was still great. It would end up on MY best of the week. In fact, I might try to catch that little bit over the weekend. I had this thought after. The show isn't always funny but always entertains even if unintentionally!