The Official 2012 Major League Baseball Thread

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
And traded to the Rockies for another disappointing pitcher in Jeremy Guthrie.

Not sure Sanchez will get the run support he needs. The Rockies have been getting the runs, just not on the field.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
Big week for the Cleveland Indians and the AL central. Three games against division leader (by default) Detroit. A sweep by the tribe makes them a trade deadline buyer. Losing the series (especially sweep) makes them an immediate seller. They get a "new" pitcher in a few weeks, Roberto Hernandez - formerly Fausto Carmona. Now three years older than he was at the end of last season and returning to the states after an arrest in his home country for falsifying his identity and age.

In typical baseball teammate ballbusting, the teammates had a belated birthday party for Roberto when he finally returned to the clubhouse, including three separate birthday cakes for the years that he accumulated as he changed his identity back to the original.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Big week for the Cleveland Indians and the AL central. Three games against division leader (by default) Detroit. A sweep by the tribe makes them a trade deadline buyer. Losing the series (especially sweep) makes them an immediate seller. They get a "new" pitcher in a few weeks, Roberto Hernandez - formerly Fausto Carmona. Now three years older than he was at the end of last season and returning to the states after an arrest in his home country for falsifying his identity and age.

In typical baseball teammate ballbusting, the teammates had a belated birthday party for Roberto when he finally returned to the clubhouse, including three separate birthday cakes for the years that he accumulated as he changed his identity back to the original.
That's some quality ballbusting!
Plus, THREE CAKES! ! ! !
Win win!..........um........WIN!

:party::party::party:

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
That's some quality ballbusting!
Plus, THREE CAKES! ! ! !
Win win!..........um........WIN!

:party::party::party:
The tribe takes two of three from the (then) division leading Tigers in not so typical fashion. Game #1: after the Tigers tie the game on a homer following a two strike pitch taken down the middle but called a ball (should have ended the inning), the tribe gets a triple from the slowest guy on the team (Hafner), pinch run by the second slowest guy on the team (backup catcher Marson) with a substitution at the plate to a backup outfielder hitting less than his weight (Cunningham). Result? perfect suicide squeeze bunt to win the game. Game #3: tribe sends nine to the plate in the 7th against Verlander, including two home runs on the first two pitches of the inning. They lost the game in the middle of the series that the should have won. Hard to figure this game out...

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Royals, Royals, Royals, how thy suck. The were 4 under .500 before all star break, now they are 19 under. Just got swept by the Mariners. Went completely off the rails. I was hoping for 500, but now it looks like they could lose 100 games again. I give up, football season is almost here!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Pretty impressive, that's a very exclusive club. Only 23 in over 100 years. Crazy their have been 3 this year, sometimes it goes more than a decade without a perfect game.
Now that the batters aren't ( for the most part) on the juice, pitchers stand a chance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2