The Official Olympic Thread

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Sports' started by semipenguin, Jan 8, 2015.

1. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

So for the main stadium, wouldn't the olympics be held in Gillette Stadium for the best seating capacity? But by then the stadium would be way too damn old and mostly likely build a new stadium and when it's over cut it back similar to Turner Field and finally the Red Sox has a new stadium.

To be honest, the olympics just simply cost way too much to host now. Most of the time now, cities that build facilities just become vacant within a few years and start collecting dust and weeds. It would probably be much easier to have one central location for the summer and winter olympics and that way the venues won't get wasted and probably keep the cost down by saving tons of money. Maybe if they have to, do repairs every few years, but at least the countries and cities would be saving millions of dollars and no more wasted venues.
    semipenguin likes this.
  3. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Not to avoid your questions. I somewhat care about the olympics, there several sport events I normally like to watch and that:

Track & Field, volleyball, curling, speed skating, bobsleigh, ski jumping, cycling, diving, rowing and whatever else I can't think of right now.

We somewhat hold our own version of the olympics every couple of years, they are mainly tryouts to qualify for the olympics.

It wouldn't be fair to bring back baseball, because we own Puerto Rico. :p I think they should bring back tug of war and introduce football, why bring golf as a olympic sport? I don't need to see Tiger Woods with a damn gold medal!
    semipenguin likes this.
  4. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

I enjoy the Olympics, but the IOC is a whore. The Olympics are almost always unmitigated disasters for host cities. Boston is dumb.
    IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm not a huge sports guy by any means, but I kinda like the Olympics. I don't follow all of it, but watch a little. The cost for any country to host is out of control. They have all been trying to outdo each other, and it's eclipsed the actual games. Simplify people.
  6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I like the Olympics in the US. Yeah, Montreal was nice. Bernice Jenner was awesome.

But Los Angeles & Atlanta were better.

Mary Lou Retton.
    Kerri Strug.
    Carl Lewis.

Sidney was ok. London. Watchable.

Athens? Beijing? Barcelona? Seoul?

Not compelling.

Let's just have our own Olympics. If the rest of the world wants to join in, let them. If not, who cares.
    Wolf and Casual Fan like this.
  7. Casual Fan

Koopman's basement will be the official venue...for everything. I think he has a ping-pong table and a dart board, but no darts.
    Wolf likes this.
  8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Don't forget the main event, the human centipede.
  9. Casual Fan

I concede that event to your team, Wolf.
    Wolf likes this.
  10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Thanks, but its a 3 person event. Any interest with Koop and I, you can be in the middle? j/k
  11. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

No
    semipenguin likes this.
  12. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

As long as they play the Olympic song, yes
    semipenguin likes this.
  13. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Jim McKay has to say something about 30 seconds into it.
    Casual Fan likes this.
  14. Casual Fan

How do you say "hell no " in English?
    semipenguin likes this.
  15. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Casual Fan likes this.
  16. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

18. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

They've gotten over 80 years from the LA Memorial Coliseum. I'm sure they can find some use for it afterwards
    Wolf likes this.
  19. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Hell the LA Memorial Coliseum might be home of a relocation team next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    semipenguin likes this.
  20. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker