The Police Thread

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

the wire is his best work but he was great on treme and he is currently great on ray donovan.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i enjoy defending the cops and frankly getting into arguments with u about it casual. its fun. but im not blind. i understand that really awful stuff like that clip u posted happens. and even worse when some kid gets killed for maybe closing a police car door when a cop is trying to get out. i do feel that these stories are good to be told. makes us all think. overall i trust/respect cops. it does seem like there is a disproportionate number of stories u hear from black people that have issues though. i wonder if cops just represent the same number of racist people in everyday life or if there is a bigger percent of racist cops than every day people.

on a side note i have a hard time liking bill mahar. im a staunch liberal too, just to be clear. now i may be reading too much into this but when wendell said he takes his wallet out and puts it on the dash to make sure no cop thinks he reaching for a gun u can hear bill go "whoa" like hes ready to condemn the cops right then. every time i have been pulled over i make a point to put my keys on the dash and ask the cop if its ok to go in my glove compartment to get my registration. thats just normal getting pulled over procedure to me.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Maybe I should post all the good stories about cops. Oh wait nobody gives a shit when they save lives and help people everyday. Nobody gives a shit when they put their lives on the line day in and day out.

Also nobody gives a shit that they get lied to over and over everyday. Lets just cherry pick some bad stories and post them. That's what people give a shit about.

Yes their are bad cops. Their are bad fire fighters and soldiers and everything else. Their is also good ones who put their lives on the line. Who put their lives in danger every single day. Again no one gives a shit about that.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Reactions: hyson

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The thing of it is, is that it's easier to see when a cop does it.
It's also more disappointing when a cop does it, because we're supposed to be able to trust them.
Like Ehil said, there's bad people everywhere, but they aren't all held to the same higher standard.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
The truth is I hate these stories because it makes us all look bad. I also hate racism. I will never understand it. Cops are held to a higher standard as they should be. It just sucks when all people talk about or all that casual seems to find is stories like these. Cops do good things everyday please don't forget that.

Reactions: hyson and HecticArt

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I don't hate cops. I love good cops.

I'm glad I'm not black in America today. We have as a country developed a politically correct veneer that hides our underlying racism. It was better when the racism was overt. At people knew where you stood.

I guess I'm just waiting for a whole lot of old white men to die so maybe we can finally move on.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
These threads are disgusting and verging on political.

I've been trying to stay away from here because I know I'm eventually going to get banned.

The problem I have is that I don't like to pussyfoot around and say what seems 100% clear to me. For instance, the vast majority of blacks hate whites and are blatantly racist toward them. Can I prove this? Maybe with enough time, polling and manpower. Also, whites are exponentially more likely to be victims of black violent crimes - those numbers just don't lie. Is it profiling? Is it stereotyping for police to act a certain way toward those who exhibit signs of a culture that promotes violence, drugs, distrust of the police and crime from day one?!

I don't think whites are as racist as the media would have you believe. Christ, we elected a black president TWICE! We have the National Black Caucus, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, the United Negro College Fund, National Black Nurses Association, National Black Chamber of Commerce, Association of Black Psychologists , etc, etc, etc.

Start dismantling these separatist, racist organisations. Most whites are looking beyond color these days. Sure, you can rattle off any number of people you know that still maintain old views but these kids, man the KIDS, simply don't see it anymore.

Get rid of the ghetto "get rich or die trying" attitudes. Get rid of the gangsta, thug mentality. Pick your god damn pants up off your ass. Speak articulately and with pride. STOP PROMOTING SHIT LIKE THIS: Thuggin It & Lovin It (DVD About The Streets Of Baton Rouge, LA) [25 Minutes] | New Video

Regarding the police, well.... Ehilbert and Jan spoke the truth. Some cops are assholes. And coming from a personal perspective, I can say I worked with a lot of assholes but NONE of them - NONE - would ever act or not act based upon a person's skin color. White folks around here as douchey as anyone from any given "race".

It's a shitty circle. White people did bad things to blacks, Native Americans and probably just about every other nationality there is. But that doesn't excuse racism in any form or fashion. I still maintain whites are progressing past our shitty history.

Stop cherry picking the negative stories because all that does is promote the divide, it perpetuates the hatred.

Reactions: blyons200

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
For instance, the vast majority of blacks hate whites and are blatantly racist toward them. Can I prove this? Maybe with enough time, polling and manpower.

So this is an opinion, that if only you had unlimited resources, you're certain you could prove. Check.

Also, whites are exponentially more likely to be victims of black violent crimes - those numbers just don't lie.

I guess they do lie.

from 1976 to 2005, 94 percent of black victims were killed by black offenders, but that racial exclusivity was also true for white victims of violent crime—86 percent were killed by white offenders

Source: The Trayvon Martin Killing and the Myth of Black-on-Black Crime - The Daily Beast

Maybe you meant a negative exponential?

Start dismantling these separatist, racist organisations.

Should we keep the League of Women Voters? Why shouldn't minorities have organizations to help ensure their interests aren't overrun by the majority? (And yes, women are a minority. It has nothing to do with math and everything to do with power.)

Get rid of the ghetto "get rich or die trying" attitudes. Get rid of the gangsta, thug mentality. Pick your god damn pants up off your ass. Speak articulately and with pride. STOP PROMOTING SHIT LIKE THIS: Thuggin It & Lovin It (DVD About The Streets Of Baton Rouge, LA) [25 Minutes] | New Video

That's culture that some blacks embrace. White folks have a culture that some of them embrace, too. The black person you describe is no different than the white redneck. No brains, no class, no taste, no clue.

I can say I worked with a lot of assholes but NONE of them - NONE - would ever act or not act based upon a person's skin color.

Maybe with enough time, polling and manpower you could prove this.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
These threads are disgusting and verging on political.

I've been trying to stay away from here because I know I'm eventually going to get banned.

The problem I have is that I don't like to pussyfoot around and say what seems 100% clear to me. For instance, the vast majority of blacks hate whites and are blatantly racist toward them. Can I prove this? Maybe with enough time, polling and manpower. Also, whites are exponentially more likely to be victims of black violent crimes - those numbers just don't lie. Is it profiling? Is it stereotyping for police to act a certain way toward those who exhibit signs of a culture that promotes violence, drugs, distrust of the police and crime from day one?!

I don't think whites are as racist as the media would have you believe. Christ, we elected a black president TWICE! We have the National Black Caucus, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, the United Negro College Fund, National Black Nurses Association, National Black Chamber of Commerce, Association of Black Psychologists , etc, etc, etc.

Start dismantling these separatist, racist organisations. Most whites are looking beyond color these days. Sure, you can rattle off any number of people you know that still maintain old views but these kids, man the KIDS, simply don't see it anymore.

Regarding the police, well.... Ehilbert and Jan spoke the truth. Some cops are assholes. And coming from a personal perspective, I can say I worked with a lot of assholes but NONE of them - NONE - would ever act or not act based upon a person's skin color. White folks around here as douchey as anyone from any given "race".

It's a shitty circle. White people did bad things to blacks, Native Americans and probably just about every other nationality there is. But that doesn't excuse racism in any form or fashion. I still maintain whites are progressing past our shitty history.

Stop cherry picking the negative stories because all that does is promote the divide, it perpetuates the hatred.

hyson trust me their are still a lot of racist white people. I'm sorry to say that some of them are in my family. My wife being the beautiful kind hearted women she is still invited them to our wedding. They didn't come thank god. They didn't like the idea of my best man being black. A man that was more of a brother and or relative than any of them. It's all over the place and it's a sad fact of life.

I know this sounds funny coming from me but don't get banned. I know a few people here maybe a mod or two wants that to happen to us. Well I know of at least one person that wants it to happen to me. Just use your ignore and try to move on. I feel you on the cop bashing. It sucks and I hate it too.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I'd like BeanieMac to chime in here. Do we have any other black folks on this cracka ass forum?

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
That's some nice cherry picking on the quotes. The cop says the guy fired at him 3 times, and the cops say they recovered a gun. No word about the sandwich.

That's my point. Who's telling the truth?

You want cherry picking? Here's cherry picking:

Memebag: I need {REDACTED} crack {REDACTED}.

Unidentified boy: {REDACTED} suck {REDACTED} bed.

Memebag: {REDACTED} the dog.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Okay, the 17 shots fired by the cop seemed excessive.

That's

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG