The Pre(((SXM-2.0))) Thread

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
It seems some time ago that I read something about SiriusXM2.0, which was their way of saying they were going to be coming out with the next generation of receivers. Has any more been said of this or has a time frame been given as to when more will be said?

Also..I was just on Orbitcast and noticed Ryan hasn't posted since November..has anyone talked to him? Is he well?

Thanks for any replies!
-Tyler
Good to see you SISO, stick around man!

SISO

Oct 11, 2008
SISO! Where ya been?!
Haha, I have been finishing up college as well as working for a radio station here in town. My interests have largely gone elsewhere I'm afraid though I still love satellite radio. Though I actually don't subscribe to satellite radio at the moment, I was using my iPhone with XM Connect but my iPhone messed up and stopped working with it so I cancelled instead of buying a new receiver.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Haha, I have been finishing up college as well as working for a radio station here in town. My interests have largely gone elsewhere I'm afraid though I still love satellite radio. Though I actually don't subscribe to satellite radio at the moment, I was using my iPhone with XM Connect but my iPhone messed up and stopped working with it so I cancelled instead of buying a new receiver.
Well congrats on finishing college! And don't be such a stranger. We're pretty much hanging out and waiting to see what happens with 2.0.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Heh, I may be next with the disappearing act since I'll be attending school to get nursing pre-reqs done, working full-time AND volunteering. And squeezing studying and some semblance of a social life.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Well, remember, we're "digital radio" in all its forms, even if that means the compressed digital audio file you broadcast from the radio station. You were always a good contributor, so please visit from time to time. And congrats on your education.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Found a few bits of new information. A Spanish speaking channel will be hosted by Christina Saralegui who's been crowned as the queen of Latino television. As part of the FC mandate Sirius will not have to pay for her services.

I like the idea of listening to a song via on demand or an entire album on one of the classic channels. I can see myself listening to Fleetwood Mac's Rumors ala 1977 when I wore out a turntable needle listening nonstop and memorizing every word of every song.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Found a few bits of new information. A Spanish speaking channel will be hosted by Christina Saralegui who's been crowned as the queen of Latino television. As part of the FC mandate Sirius will not have to pay for her services.

I like the idea of listening to a song via on demand or an entire album on one of the classic channels. I can see myself listening to Fleetwood Mac's Rumors ala 1977 when I wore out a turntable needle listening nonstop and memorizing every word of every song.
So it is like Slacker and Rhapsody in that way. Wonder if it will be limited to just one device. Does this also mean talk content on demand? Would it eliminate the need for Howard 100 entirely? I don't know about that last part but a guy can dream can't he? :rolleyes:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

I'd like the prospect of listening to an entire new album on demand, just like when we used to listen to LP's back in the day.

SXMN

Mar 11, 2009
Pittsburgh PA
www.siriusxmnews.com