The Random Post Thread

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Composting of humans legalized in Washington state - CNN

The body is covered in natural materials, like straw or wood chips, and over the course of about three to seven weeks, thanks to microbial activity, it breaks down into soil.

While the body is being broken down, families of the deceased can visit the facility and will ultimately receive the soil that remains. It's up to the family to determine how they want to use that soil.
Sure, when I do it, the FBI gets all upset. :rolleyes:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Composting of humans legalized in Washington state - CNN

The body is covered in natural materials, like straw or wood chips, and over the course of about three to seven weeks, thanks to microbial activity, it breaks down into soil.

While the body is being broken down, families of the deceased can visit the facility and will ultimately receive the soil that remains. It's up to the family to determine how they want to use that soil.
I like that idea. There was another idea I read about awhile back where your corpse is put in some pod like thing and planted and it serves as nutrients for a tree that is planted atop it. These types of things make a whole lot more sense than a traditional burial in a casket to me.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
"Mom, I can see his rotting toes!"
Does anyone else think the smell of a rotting corpse would be unbearable? I do.

I like that idea. There was another idea I read about awhile back where your corpse is put in some pod like thing and planted and it serves as nutrients for a tree that is planted atop it. These types of things make a whole lot more sense than a traditional burial in a casket to me.
I'm not a fan of a traditional burial either, but I'm thinking that this thing with weeks of decomposition would be costly, because it requires a place for the body to be, and personnel etc.

Reactions: JHDK

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I knew when I posted that headline somebody would make a reference to the Marlboro Man. You're proud of yourself, aren't you, JHDK?

upload_2019-5-27_11-13-19.jpeg

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I wore 2 different shoes today.

Both were black.
The left one had a squared toe, and the right one had a rounded toe.

I didn't notice till around 10:30.....

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Mister Hectic, you might actually be in style. Yes, really! I quote from a story on the Chiko Shoes website: "Mismatched shoes first were introduced on the runway of Céline spring summer 2017 featuring thong sandals in black and white. Moschino, Calvin Klein and John Galliano for Margiela followed suit on the catwalk of their fall 2017 collections. No matter it is the mismatch of prints, colors or embellishments, the mismatched shoes are refreshing, creative and revolutionary. They instantly strike a chord of fashion forward celebrities or street stars." All the people shown wearing mismatched shoes are female but I'm sure the trend is acceptable for men as well.

Dumb.......but acceptable.

Mismatched shoes are in trend