The Random Post Thread

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
And that brings us to this novelty hit by "Jim Backus & Friend." The "friend" is his wife Henrietta. The recording reached #40 in July 1958 (not 1959 as the video says) and it's truly amazing how much Jim Backus sounds like Mr. Magoo and Thurston Howell III. "I even like the cork!"

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I never tried to use Play-Doh to copy comics. I always used Silly Putty. Then I could stretch and distort the images. Because newspaper comics now are only half the size they were when I was a kid, the fun of Silly Putty has been greatly diminished.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
A lot of people think I'm gross and useless – but that's not important right now. I wonder if Play-Doh can pick up images when it's pressed onto a newspaper. I have no Play-Doh. Somebody else will have to experiment with it and give us all a detailed report.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I counted again when I could zoom in a bit. I'm down to 75.
I did the same, and got an age of 76.
I have only heard of 4 of them, so I'm 96 years old.
This is not possible. Counting the headliners alone, you must have heard of more than 4 of them.

Rage Against the Machine
Travis Scott
Frank Ocean
Lana Del Ray
Thom Yorke is the lead singer of Radiohead
Fatboy Slim
Carly Rae Jepsen
Danny Elfman was the lead singer of Oingo Boingo. They appeared in the movie Back to School, and did the theme to Weird Science.

So that's 8. I can't imagine a guy like you hasn't gone to a club and heard Disclosure. That would be 9.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

This is not possible. Counting the headliners alone, you must have heard of more than 4 of them.

Rage Against the Machine
Travis Scott
Frank Ocean
Lana Del Ray
Fatboy Slim
Carly Rae Jepsen
Danny Elfman was the lead singer of Oingo Boingo. They appeared in the movie Back to School, and did the theme to Weird Science.

So that's 8. I can't imagine a guy like you hasn't gone to a club and heard Disclosure. That would be 9.
I have heard of Rage Against The Machine, Fatboy Slim. I know who Radiohead and Oingo Boingo but could not have identified the singers as being part of then. The rest I have no idea.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Among the big pop artists of the 1990s were Kool Moe Dee, Blaque, B*Witched, Black Crowes, Boyz II Men, OutKast, Az Yet, Kris Kross, *NSYNC, Mötley Crüe, MC Lyte, Snoop Dogg, Def Leppard, Color Me Badd, All-4-One, Silkk The Shocker, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and Blessid Union Of Souls.

I'm not positive but I think there may have been two or three bands who did not misspell their names.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Among the big pop artists of the 1990s were Kool Moe Dee, Blaque, B*Witched, Black Crowes, Boyz II Men, OutKast, Az Yet, Kris Kross, *NSYNC, Mötley Crüe, MC Lyte, Snoop Dogg, Def Leppard, Color Me Badd, All-4-One, Silkk The Shocker, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and Blessid Union Of Souls.

I'm not positive but I think there may have been two or three bands who did not misspell their names.
Black Crowes, Motley Crue, and Def Lepard were rock bands not pop. The other names I would rather not hear again.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
With regards to pop, probably. I do know a fair number of 90s bands but not 'pop'.
I didn't say 90s, I said since the 80s, which would cover 3 decades. That would include Carly Rae Jepsen, Disclosure, Lana Del Ray, and Frank Ocean from the list.
None of those bands are on the Coachella poster.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Random. After this many years on the air, how do people not know they are on Undercover Boss? Let's have a film crew follow you around training this new guy wearing an obvious wig and big mustache!
Otherwise good show, though.

Reactions: HecticArt

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com

Rage Against the Machine
Travis Scott
Frank Ocean
Lana Del Ray
Fatboy Slim
Carly Rae Jepsen

These are the ones I have heard of.

Rage Against the Machine
Fatboy Slim
Danny Elfman
Lil Nas X

Now I see Carly Rae Jepsen on the list. I love that "Cut To The Feeling" song.

I'm like IRBS I couldn't identify the singers as being part of the band.

I never heard of Travis Scott and I looked him and I have seen pics of him at the Houston Rockets game. But I don't listen to rap and hardly go to the clubs.

Now my updated age is 94, it could probably be lower. But I'm lazy looking up some of these singers.

The only Disclosure I know is the Michael Douglas, Demi Moore film.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Random question that I'm too lazy to look up...

Circuit Courts are the last step before the Supreme Court right?

Help me out here guys.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
JHDK and IRBS are both correct. They each used a different term for the same court. From highest to lowest, the top courts are the Supreme Court, the 13 Federal Circuit Courts of Appeals, the United States District Courts, the State Supreme Courts, the State Courts of Appeal, the County Courts and the City Courts.

I omitted food courts, tennis courts, handball courts, jai alai courts, badminton courts, basketball courts and racquetball courts because they're not part of the justice system.