The Random Post Thread

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Oh boy you guys would have loved this bit of unexpected physical humor. I have a cheap folding saucer chair in my guest bedroom/library (I keep like maybe 35 books on a couple shelves in that room so I like to think of it as a library) anyway, I decided to go chill in that room for a bit and went to sit down on the chair and my fat ass busted the hinges on the chair and it collapsed to the ground with me in it. It was quite funny. I guess I gotta go buy a new chair tomorrow.

It must been all of that leftover dutch cheese wheel you had in the fridge.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
But do you have video?

No but I did take a pic of the busted hinges. I'll post it later.

I got a new chair today and it's a real chair this time. It's actually nice except it is a kinda tacky olive green color. It's a rocker that came with a rocking ottoman and not too big so it fits well in the smaller room. It was only $50 at some local thrift store.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Picture time!

Here is the cheap saucer chair my fat ass busted through:

Note how the hinges are destroyed on both sides.

0SF8KJl.jpg

And here is the more sturdy new one:

6kMyD62.jpg

Also note the sweet futon I have in the "library" cause sometime I like to change things up and sleep in there.

I looked it up and I think it's a nursing chair, so there is probably a fair amount of dried tit milk chillin in those cushions. Whatever, if it is the nursing chair I think it is then it's worth $350 new so $50 was a good deal.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Picture time!

0SF8KJl.jpg

6kMyD62.jpg

Also note the sweet futon I have in the "library" cause sometime I like to change things up and sleep in there.

I looked it up and I think it's a nursing chair, so there is probably a fair amount of dried tit milk chillin in those cushions. Whatever, if it is the nursing chair I think it is then it's worth $350 new so $50 was a good deal.
And it's got that Brady-Bunch-era color vibe going on. It looks comfy.

Reactions: JHDK and HecticArt

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Picture time!

0SF8KJl.jpg

6kMyD62.jpg

Your new chair story almost reminds me a scene from The Big Bang Theory.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well, I went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 2. Got my 6 hours, looks like I'm up for the day. Feels weird to start the day at like 2:15am.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
My wife's first reaction was that the kayakers must have angered the seal. My first reaction was that the seal was trying to feed the kayaker some yummy yummy octopus.