The Random Post Thread

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I omitted food courts, tennis courts, handball courts, jai alai courts, badminton courts, basketball courts and racquetball courts because they're not part of the justice system.
How about Judge Judy, The People's Court, The Court of the Crimson King, Parquet Courts, the Kangaroo court, and the court of public opinion?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Well, this is a Random Post thread. Now I'm wondering what the message means. Did Mister Hectic hook Mister scotch up to a power source? A cyclotron? A lie detector? An electric chair? An electronencephalograph? A digital billboard? A mind-wiping device? A duplicating machine like the one in the movie The Santa Clause 2?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Mister scotch's explanation isn't nearly as exciting as any of the suggestions I came up with. Oh well. For your amazement and amusement, here is a news story from April 2019 which proves there is indeed "a sucker born every minute":

'Nigerian prince' email scams still rake in over $700,000 a year; here’s how to protect yourself

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My IP was banned, probably because I'm on wifi in T&C. I didn't have any administrative emails saved, there were some from Wolf from forums@digitalradiocentral.com, but that bounced. So I Facebook messaged Hectic. And now I'm back.

I had his real e-mail when I got blocked from Barbados. I thought he didn't cross his worlds on Facebook.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Um......I didn't get a FB message. (I don't think we're FB friends.)
I banned a T&C this morning, but haven't un-banned any (except for that one) since IRBS emailed me......
Aaron and I are the only Admins that have been logged in today....... Maybe you made it in through a different IP address at the resort or something.
I'll keep T&C open till you're back in the States.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Um......I didn't get a FB message. (I don't think we're FB friends.)
I banned a T&C this morning, but haven't un-banned any (except for that one) since IRBS emailed me......
Aaron and I are the only Admins that have been logged in today....... Maybe you made it in through a different IP address at the resort or something.
I'll keep T&C open till you're back in the States.
We're not, but I was told that FB messenger still goes thru. I also emailed you when I got banned again. It's impossible to contact admins when you're banned. I was trying every possible avenue to notify someone.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If I had his "real email" I'd be all set. But I don't. I had to do a google search to come up with one.
Having the e-mail was a side effect of meeting people when you are passing through. I fully expected him to say 'piss off and lay on the beach' but he was very nice and let me back in.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I care.......

The restraining order is in the mail.......

I had to go looking for the message. Since we're not friends, it doesn't show a notification that you have a message without opening the messenger page.
I don't use the app, or FB very much for that matter, so I'm glad that you found a way to let me know.
So welcome back! Glad to see you post. Now fuck off and hang out on the beach with some cocktails and enjoy your vacation.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I care.......

The restraining order is in the mail.......

I had to go looking for the message. Since we're not friends, it doesn't show a notification that you have a message without opening the messenger page.
I don't use the app, or FB very much for that matter, so I'm glad that you found a way to let me know.
So welcome back! Glad to see you post. Now fuck off and hang out on the beach with some cocktails and enjoy your vacation.
I knew you weren't a FB guy, but I had no other method of reaching out. I'm in airplane mode all week. No cell data, just wifi. So I don't have the option of going in on cell.

We're either walking the beach or sitting there at least 6 hours each day. Otherwise we're eating or browsing or just relaxing. It allows me to check in here sometimes morning and night.

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
What's everybody's threshold for picking up money from the ground? A nickel, a quarter, a dollar? Have you ever come across a 10, or a 20? Well I saw this at the street entrance to a hotel near us.
20200205_213203_resized.jpg

Yeah, it looked like a 50. I looked around to see if someone dropped it. Nobody around. I picked it up, then found myself staring at the security camera. But what are they gonna do; track me down? I put it in my pocket and walked away, then realized it was two 50s; $100.

That was a few days ago. Tonight we went to a restaurant Mrs Scotch heard about. It was waaaaay more gourmet than we expected. The prices were super expensive. I got one of the daily specials- the red snapper; mostly because it tends to be a less costly item. They brought out this
20200205_213449_resized.jpg
the whole fukken fish, pan seared and encrusted. Sixty dollars; 6-0. The final bill (with tip) was $150, which included one (1) local bottled beer ($8) and a "still" water ($8).

Easy come, easy go.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
One time I found a ten-dollar bill on the floor of a fast-food restaurant. That was many years ago when people actually used paper money. I pick up any money I find on the ground, even if its only a penny.

Now tell me more about that "still" water. Is you a-sayin' you drank somethin' what was made by a moonshiner?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
We all know if Mister scotch had hollered, "Hey, did anyone lose two 50-dollar bills?", everyone within earshot would yell, "I did!"