The Scott Stapp Situation

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
ive been following this story from the ny daily news for the past week now. these links are in order from oldest to newest:

Creed singer Scott Stapp says he's broke - NY Daily News

Creed singer Scott Stapp was placed in psych hold: report - NY Daily News

Scott Stapp's son begs Creed singer to stop videos - NY Daily News

(just a quick aside, ny daily news is by far my fav tabloid cause im pretty sure if u ask anyone who works there none of them would admit its a tabloid and basically just a dressed up tmz and the thought of that denial makes me smirk.)

anyways this guy is a mess. in the first story they kinda gave him the benefit of the doubt but then it quickly descends into him getting put on a psych hold for being all high and now his kid is even calling him out. the kid part does make me a bit sad but overall im just fascinated by this story. for some reason this guy and the band creed has always rubbed me the wrong way. so im guessing over the next few days there will be plenty more articles to look forward to cause the daily news is on the case of this very important story.

oh and in the third link i posted they say he has been staying here:

the pic doesnt have the embedded caption that says thats the lone holiday inn in boca.

that place is like 5 miles away from me. i would say id try to go party with him but this downfall seems a lot less fun then that of a lindasy lohan or charlie sheen.

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Eh, their first album wasn't horrible, but it was downhill from there. And yes, he's kind of a douchebag (understatement of the millennium I know). If he straightens up his act and realizes what he's got in his family he'll do alright.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
He's a famous hasbeen, or famous future OD story. Either way, he would certainly get seconded for the Celebrity Death Thread.

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
He pretty much sucks now, if he didn't quit Creed and decided to go solo. Creed would probably been a greater band today, I prefer their older songs.