The Usa & North American Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Sports' started by semipenguin, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I heard he has won some championships and awards, but he nearly 40 years old. Hopefully he can still keep it up?
  2. IndustrialH

IndustrialH "So much music .... so little time..."

His best days are long gone - was very very good at Chelsea, but can drop like a sack of potatoes at the slightest breeze from a defender. Played in China for a bit - so his bank balance is healthy. Since the MSL is a European retirement league - I would consider this move being put out to pasture. The only other couple of players more annoying are Joey Barton and Nicolas Anelka - who are both talented but total pratts. The latter no longer plays, the former is annoying Burnley fans at the moment after screwing up at Rangers (Glasgow). However, I digress - Drogbas move is akin to being a player/manager in League Two in Scotland or there abouts :)
    semipenguin likes this.
  3. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

This.

Football in North America has always been a place where foreign stars come to spend their final years.

Pelé. Beckham. Drogba
  4. IndustrialH

There are some great players from OS playing - including the Wright-Phillips brothers , I just don't see Drogba as an Ambassador for the game, in the same way as a Gerrard or a Lampard type of personality.... but who am I to know being just another opinionated aging football fan. :)
    Wolf and semipenguin like this.
  5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I want Super Mario in the MLS
  6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Beside Drogba and Omar Bravo, Phoenix Rising FC does have one of the brothers playing for the team Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Official: Didier Drogba joins Shaun Wright-Phillips at Phoenix Rising FC - Once A Metro

I don't know anything about these players, but I guess I should at least check out one Phoenix Rising game as long the weather is still nice.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  7. IndustrialH

For those who came in late:

Mario

Interesting to see his value roller-coaster, and his contract is up at the end of June. Give the man a t-shirt deal and he is yours. :)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    semipenguin likes this.
  8. IndustrialH

I would go to see Shaun play - he is one of the players that fits into the "play until I drop" class - or was the last time I saw him play. He was good a Man. City - but went off the pace a bit for EPL

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Wolf likes this.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Bickley: Soccer revolution is hitting Phoenix

Signing Drogba delivers exposure to Phoenix Rising MLS expansion bid - ESPN FC

IndustrialH and semipenguin like this.