The Village

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by Fergz99, Nov 22, 2009.

1. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

will we get an extra hour of the Mary Sue Twohy show :)
  2. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

The Village is coming to Satellite via The Bridge CH:32 next weekend for a Free Preview Weekend!

The Village Sneak Preview
    Fri 2/7 5:00 pm ET
    This weekend only hear a mix of timeless ballads and contemporary folk on The Village sneak preview. The Bridge returns Monday.
  3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I still get bad flashbacks to a time when they used to routinely take off The Bridge for other programming. Thankfully this one will be short.
  4. SIRIUSaboutXM

Oh yea- I remember losing it for the Holidays every year! I used to record about 30 hours of The Bridge every week before it got taken over. This is just for the weekend as stated. I bet Madison will be happy!
  5. MadisonRadio1

You betcha I'm liking having a full weekend of The Village. And for free :jj:
  6. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

Is this supposed to be this weekend? I listened this morning (Sat 2/1) and just now and they are still playing regular Bridge programming.
  7. SIRIUSaboutXM

Just 4 posts above:
  8. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Crap, going out of town this weekend and was going to play this in the hotel room. Will have to record before hand.
  9. SIRIUSaboutXM

Looks like they moved the start time to Sunday @ 6am- details & complete schedule in The Village on the Bridge thread>
  10. MadisonRadio1

Sunday is good. A nice relaxing day to listen to the Village.
  11. MadisonRadio1

Most enjoyable. I started with the Mary Sue Twohy Show as usual and have been listening on & off throughout the day. Interesting that they called it a sneak preview. Like its coming back to satellite.
  12. MadisonRadio1

Time to expand the show. Maybe an extra hour. Mary Sue had so much new music that there wasn't time to do Folkie Birthdays
  13. MadisonRadio1

I'm pretty sure my cell phone adjusted an hour ahead but the Mary Sue Show was an hour late starting this morning and is now an hour late ending so I'm really confused this time on the time.
  14. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Try the radio in your Car.
    [​IMG]
  15. MadisonRadio1

I still listen to the Mary Sue show. This morning she interviewed Jackson Browne
  16. MadisonRadio1

I'm starting the new year with Mary Sue:

The Village Folk Show with Mary Sue Twohy featuring Kathy Mattea
    Sun Jan 4 6:00 am ETKathy Mattea and her band perform live from the SiriusXM studios featuring songs from her latest CD " Calling Me Home". Get ready for goosebumps - they sound so good!
  17. MadisonRadio1

Here's a non SuperBowl related program I'll be tuned into Sunday:

The Village Folk Show with Mary Sue Twohy featuring Ani DiFranco Sun Feb 1 6:00 am ET Bridge
    Ani DiFranco talks about her new CD “Allergic to Water”, talks about the balance of family life and making an album and remembers Pete Seeger. We play select tracks from her new CD!
    HecticArt likes this.
  18. MadisonRadio1

Mary Sue should have another good Mother Day's Show:

The Village Folk Show with Mary Sue Twohy w/ Tom Chapin!
    Sun May 10 6:00 am ET Bridge Ch.32
    Grammys and 50 years of performing – Tom Chapin releases a new album “70” to bring in his birthday! Join us for an exclusive performance and interview with the great Tom Chapin! Birthday candles are involved! Happy Mother’s Day!
  19. MadisonRadio1

I was half asleep but sounds like Mary Sue had a nice Father's Day tribute.
    semipenguin likes this.
  20. MadisonRadio1

Hot Tuna will be the special Folk guests this week
    semipenguin likes this.