The world according to IdRatherBeSkiing

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Hope your family starts to get well again soon also.

Have you figured out how you might have first come into contact with the virus?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hope your family starts to get well again soon also.

Have you figured out how you might have first come into contact with the virus?
No idea. We have been careful. But there are assholes in our building who refuse to mask up. Lots of people @ walmart who wear masks improperly. Any of them could have been carriers.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
No idea. We have been careful. But there are assholes in our building who refuse to mask up. Lots of people @ walmart who wear masks improperly. Any of them could have been carriers.
Most of the stuff I shop for I do online for that very reason. The only place I've been going that's not online is Costco (who pretty much has their own goon squad making sure people mask up!) and this local CBD Oil store that requires masks also. Even after the vaccine I don't take chances.

And I'll be SO happy when this is all over!

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I went to costco a few saturday's ago only because I had a gift card. Talk about a super spreader event. We were shoulder to shoulder.

I opened up my e-mail this morning and got an invite to get the moderna vaccine later today. I volunteer at two hospitals and looks like it paid off. There's 500 vaccines that came in sort of randomly.

Bummer alert, I read that the lack of taste and smell has hit a small amount of people and that for some it doesn't come back which screws your whole life up. Hope you don't have that for too much longer skiing.

I'll report back later.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Just a note. I have almost completely recovered as has my son.
My wife's fever broke and she is feeling better and thus completing her last day of quarantine today.

We have rescheduled our Antigua trip for last week of February. In doing so, we realized we would have been screwed if we had tried to go this week. Barbados had no passport requirements other than it is not expired. Antigua requires it not to expire within 3 months of departure date. My wife's expires on April 24th this year. We are in the process of rushing a replacement. Since she will be out of quarantine she can do that tomorrow at the US Consulate.

Of course the trip is entirely dependent on my wife and I testing negative. the week before departure. Apparently you run the risk of positive tests within months of having the virus (although my wife has never tested positive).

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Glad you guys are getting back to healthy.
Good luck with the trip.

If Antigua doesn't work out, you can always try Argentina or Afghanistan. Fun in the sun can be had at either of those vacation destinations for sure.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Ya, if you need heat go to Hawaii and get really close to the magma pit on the big island, sunny and steaming with a heavy hint of sulfer.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Don't worry about passports and just go to Victoria. The Honolulu of Canada.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Well, Air Canada just cancelled our flights. Looking at changing resorts/countries again, We can still get to Antigua by leaving one day early and having 2 stopovers with 16 hours layovers and flying American Airlines (an experience we did once and would rather not repeat). We were looking at St, Lucia but Air Canada no longer flys there. So looking at Sandals South Coast. I am starting to think someone doesn't want us to travel.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
We are now going to Sandals South Coast in Jamaica man. Had to pay a bit more for airline fare and for the resort but they added a free couples massage and a free catamaran cruise.

This reservation has been through so many changes it feels like it would be a good song if you listed them all together.

Last edited: