This week on 'Trunk Nation'

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Feb 13, 2012.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

[​IMG]

6-10pm ET on [​IMG]

Latest from Eddie:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

:bigthumbup:
    Good times!

3. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I missed the first 2 1/2 hours then recorded the last 1 1/2 hours. Did anyone listen? I can't wait to play it back tomorrow. :buttrock:

4. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Caught some of the beginning on the drive home - same ol' Eddie, which is a good thing!

5. Schmidty

Schmidty Member

Same show, different channel. Eddie Rules!!:agree:

6. goreds2

Very good show. As he said at the end, he took the high road and did not say anything and did no take any callers mentioning Ozzie or his wife. :bigclap:

7. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Okay, Eddie, I will do some appointment listening as you put it next Monday on channel 39. I have to see what all the fuss is about.

8. goreds2

(From eddietrunk.com) I'll also be live once again this Monday for Presidents Day Holiday on my new satellite channel 39 TRUNK Nation (Hair Nation usually). Join me 6-10P ET on 39 for Eddie Trunk Live. The same mix of music, talk, calls and more from all the years on Boneyard, just come up one number to channel 39.

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

Monday 3/5
    :buttrock: New music from these 3 albums :rock:

[​IMG]
    OVERKILL will released their 16th full length studio album entitled “The Electric Age†on March 27, 2012.

Track Listings
    1. Come and Get It
    2. Electric Rattlesnake
    3. Wish you were Dead
    4. Drop the Hammer
    5. Save Yourself
    6. Black Daze
    7. 21st Century Man
    8. Old Wounds, New Scars
    9. All Over but the Shouting
    10. Good Night

[​IMG]
    Stalingrad is the upcoming thirteenth studio album by German heavy metal band Accept, which is currently scheduled to be released on April 6, 2012 by the independent German record label Nuclear Blast Records. It will be their second album since their 2009 reunion. Like their previous album, Blood of the Nations, it was produced by Andy Sneap.

Track listing
    1. Hung, Drawn and Quartered
    2. Stalingrad
    3. Hellfire
    4. Flash to Bang Time
    5. Shadow Soldiers
    6. Revolution
    7. Against the World
    8. Twist of Fate
    9. The Quick and the Dead
    10. Never Forget (bonus track)
    11. The Galley

[​IMG]

"Apocalyptic Love" is the upcoming second studio album by Slash, the current lead guitarist of Velvet Revolver and formerly of Guns N' Roses. The album will feature Slash's band, consisting of vocalist Myles Kennedy, bassist Todd Kerns, and drummer Brent Fitz (collectively referred to as "Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators"). Produced by Eric Valentine, it is set for release on May 22, 2012. “You’re A Lieâ€, the new single from Slash’s forthcoming album, Apocalyptic Love, is officially this week’s #1 most added song on active rock radio stations across the US.

Confirmed tracks
    Apocalyptic Love
    One Last Thrill
    Standing in the Sun
    You're a Lie
    Hero
    Halo
    We Will
    Anastasia
    Bad Rain

10. goreds2

I do not know much about Over Kill music but can't wait to hear Accept and Slash.

11. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Overkill is pure awesome thrash, the old school way... (here's a link to new song from new album)

NuclearBlastEurope's Channel - YouTube

They will be on the road in April/May
    Tour Dates

12. SIRIUSaboutXM

05-Mar-12 Live Trunk Nation tonight on SiriusXM

Back live tonight at 6 ET/3 Pacific for TRUNK NATION on SiriusXM channel 39 (Hair Nation). Mike Portnoy and Mike Orlando from Adrenaline Mob will stop by, plus we will remember the late great Ronnie Montrose who passed away over the weekend. Plus music debuts from Slash, Overkill & Accept, a recap of Van Halen and the MOR Cruise, your calls, giveaways and much more. Call in live at 866-315-2663. See you tonight from 6-10PM ET on Sirius or XM channel 39, TRUNK NATION LIVE!

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

Live once again this Monday for TRUNK NATION on SiriusXM 39 starting at 6PM ET. Slash will be live in studio as well as Bobby Blitz. Slash in right at the start at 6, Blitz around 8P ET.

14. SIRIUSaboutXM

From Eddie:
    I'll be live tonight @ 6pm- Scott Ian (rhythm guitarist for the thrash metal band, Anthrax) will check in, plus much to play & say & your live calls & requests!

[​IMG]

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Ian's always a good guest. :headbang:

16. SIRIUSaboutXM

This Monday 4/16
    Live on SiriusXM 39 Trunk Nation at 6P ET. Live call in from Mike McCready of Pearl Jam discussing his UFO tribute band and Steve, PJ & Gus of Trixter in studio.

17. SIRIUSaboutXM

Also talk about last nights R&R Hall of Fame Induction- from his blog:

Congrats to GnR
    4/15/12: Congrats to the former members of Guns N Roses who attended and were inducted into the R&R Hall OfFame last night. Duff, Matt, Steven & Slash were all inducted and it is greatly deserved. As I have said all along, my issues and rants about the Hall were never directed at Guns, but the incredibly flawed and bias process of the Hall of Fame and ignoring major acts, which is still very much the case. But I am truly happy for the Guns guys as they are clearly a legendary band and all have become friends over the years. Huge thanks to Steven Adler who wore a TMS T-shirt during one of the biggest nights of his life (he also rocked it at Golden Gods!). Thanks Steven, VH1 needs to get the man on the payroll, best marketing we have! The no shows who were inducted were Axl, Dizzy & Izzy. Gilby Clarke was there and played, but was not part of the induction. The Hall only included members who played up to Illusion album, Gilby only did that tour. I'm sure many know by now the singer for the GnR set was Myles Kennedy from Slash's band. This had to come down extremely last minute (I think the Hall was still expecting Axl to show) since Myles was booked on my radio show Friday night and had to cancel to catch a flight last minute to Cleveland. Myles should be rescheduled for this Friday, I'll confirm when I know for sure. They performed Sweet Child, Brownstone & Paradise City. It will air on HBO next month. No doubt this will all be dissected and discussed for the next few weeks by me and others and there will be people on all sides of it, but regardless how you feel, some good guys went into the Hall last night and I'm happy for them all. I'd love to say maybe they will wake up and induct some of the bands that influenced Guns and countless others they have ignored for decades, but I'm not optimistic from past history. But at least another real hard rock band is in there so we can take some victory in that as fans.

18. SIRIUSaboutXM

Just confirmed, Stephen Pearcy of Ratt and Geoff Tate of Queensryche will call in live tonight on the SiriusXM show! Join me for a busy Trunk Nation @ 6P ET LIVE

Ratt & Roll News : RATT to perform @ M3 Rock Festival in May 12, 2012

Watch a new video from Stephen's upcoming album
    [​IMG]

Stephen Pearcy’s NEW Video single “Don’t Want To Talk About†from SUCKER PUNCH, 1st edit:

Stephen Pearcy - Don't Want To Talk About - YouTube

Queensryche news
    [​IMG]

Need a vacation? Who doesn’t! Take yours with Geoff Tate onboard the Shiprocked Cruise! See what it’s all about here ShipRocked 2011 Flashback on Vimeo, and book your cabin soon!
    Are you ready to take the ultimate rock and roll cruise vacation? Then join Geoff Tate onboard ShipRocked, November 27th – December 1st, as we hit the high seas from Fort Lauderdale to the Caribbean! A ship ton of great bands will be performing live, including Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch, P.O.D., Sevendust, Filter, Fuel, LIT, Black Stone Cherry, Geoff Tate (Queensryche), Gilby Clarke (Guns N’ Roses), In This Moment, and even more being announced soon!
    In addition to the concerts you’ll get to meet and greet all the bands, and participate in a bunch of other fun artist hosted events and activities. The ship will keep the food coming and the beverages flowing throughout the cruise… And with multiple pools, jacuzzis, a luxury spa and a state of the art gym onboard, you can stay refreshed and reenergized to party with us all week long!
    Tickets go on-sale Saturday, March 10th at 10am-Eastern. Visit ShipRocked 2012 - The Ultimate Rock Music Cruise Vacation! or call 1-888-438-9509 for all the details!

19. goreds2

Listened to some tonight and recorded some. Good interview.

20. SIRIUSaboutXM

Doug Aldrich, current lead guitarist for Whitesnake, in studio tonight. If you're in the NY area tonight, you might want to check this out:

[​IMG]