This week on 'Trunk Nation'

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Feb 13, 2012.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

2. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

The problem with this is, most interviews end with Eddie saying, "Here's a Brand New Track!" and then the show ends as was the case here. He's off on his book tour now, so no new shows (or interviews) until at least 10/14 :wah:

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm with ya, it's a major drag. They've come this far, I'll try to stay positive about it. At this point, it seems like it must all be about the royalties. It seems like a very stupid issue to have on a radio network though......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4. SIRIUSaboutXM

:buttrock: New remixed RUSH :buttrock:

[​IMG]

5. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Was that at the beginning? I started recording about 8:20pm est.

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Crap. Missed it.

7. goreds2

You can listen via On Demand:

Hair Nation with Eddie Trunk

Eddie Trunk is a NJ-native who has spent more than 25 years in the music industry, launching the first-ever hard rock and heavy metal radio show (in 1983), managing artists, serving as VP of Megaforce Records and being a TV host on VH1's That Metal Show and others. Call Eddie Monday nights at 866-315-2663. More info at Eddie Trunk.

View Available Episodes (2)

Duration: 00:28:58 | Expires in 34 Days | Aired 10/14 6:00PM EST

Eddie sits down with his old friends from That Metal Show. Eddie Trunk is a NJ-native who has spent more than 25 years in the music industry, launching the first-ever hard rock and heavy metal radio show (in 1983), managing artists, serving as VP of Megaforce Records and being a TV host on VH1's That Metal Show and others. Call Eddie Monday nights at 866-315-2663. More info at Eddie Trunk.

Duration: 00:34:35 | Expires in 13 Days | Aired 9/23 6:00PM EST

Eddie Trunk sits down with Def Leppard frontman Phil Collen in this week's episode of Trunk Nation. Eddie Trunk is a NJ-native who has spent more than 25 years in the music industry, launching the first-ever hard rock and heavy metal radio show (in 1983), managing artists, serving as VP of Megaforce Records and being a TV host on VH1's That Metal Show and others. Call Eddie Monday nights at 866-315-2663. More info at Eddie Trunk.

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

You gotta listen if you missed it- they have Jim Norton a hard time!

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

It was at about 7:45 and BTW On Demand only has the TMS boys interview- no music.

10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The no music part is the drag about the on-demand. (Hopefully one day....)
    At least I can get all of the interview stuff in a short bundle.

11. SIRIUSaboutXM

Original Kiss Members Ace Frehley and Peter Criss Perform "Rock and Roll All Night"

Ace Frehley: "I Need To Let Everybody Know I'm Back" Last night, a star-studded and hard-rocking guest list converged upon New York City's Hard Rock Café.

The occasion? The 30th-anniversary party for VH1 Classic That Metal Show co-host Eddie Trunk's radio show.

Attendees and performers included Mike Portnoy (the event's musical director), Billy Sheehan, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal of Guns N' Roses, Lita Ford, Mark Tornillo, Tony Harnell, Trixter guitarist Steve Brown, Twisted Sister's Jay Jay French, Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth of Overkill, Michael Sweet of Stryper, Scott Ian and Frank Bello of Anthrax, Geoff Tate and many more.

Late in the night, original Kiss members Ace Frehley and Peter Criss hit the stage to perform together for the first time in 13 years. Below, you can check out fan-filmed (and vertical — why do people shoot vertical videos?) clips of "Love Her All I Can" and "Rock and Roll All Night."

The lineup for "Love Her All I Can" is Thal (guitar), Ian (guitar), Bello (bass, vocals), Frehley (guitar) and Criss (drums). The lineup for "Rock And Roll All Night" is the same, with the addition of Portnoy, who joins Criss on drums.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDG6u1rk6sQ]Ace Frehley n Peter Criss - Rock n Roll All Nite 2013 Hard - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8w3S_BQZEM]Ace Frehley n Peter Criss - Love Her All I Can 2013 Hard Ro - YouTube[/ame]

12. goreds2

Thanks for posting that. :bigclap:

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

David Ellefson of Megadeath on now promoting his new book out tomorrow- that's "Deth" not Meth!

[​IMG]

If you miss it, should be On Demand

14. SIRIUSaboutXM

First off there's this big news for TMS:

Well kids, the cat is out of the freaking bag. As consummate DJ, metal expert and host of the greatest show about all things metal and hard rock in the history of television, Eddie Trunk tweeted just moments ago, That Metal Show is coming back to The Big Apple this Saturday January 18th for lucky season 13! 13! How metal is THAT? That’s right, Eddie, Jim Florentine and Don Jamieson are going back to where it all began, the Capital Of The World, New York F***ing City! And what better day to announce it then today, National Metal Day!

That Metal Show started in NYC when it premiered on VH1 Classic in November 2008 and since then has been visited by some of the biggest names in music including members of Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden and Pearl Jam to name just a few. This season the show will be shot week to week in front of a live studio audience. We can’t say just yet who all’s been confirmed but we think you’ll be surprised and pleased when you find out who will be visiting. Eddie was kind enough to talk to us briefly about his hopes for the new season and what it will be like returning home after all those years filming in L.A.!

And on Trunk Nation tonight- founding member of Twisted Sister

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Killer! It'll be great to have them back in NYC again. :buttrock:

16. SIRIUSaboutXM

Update: Plenty to play and say and Jay Jay of Twisted Sister joins me in studio at 7, Gunnar Nelson calls in at 9

[​IMG]

17. SIRIUSaboutXM

Loved Lita Ford's cover of Elton's The Bitch is Back :buttrock: And she still has back :yesshake:
    [​IMG]

You can get a Free listen to her new Live album here: Yahoo!

18. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

:buttrock: :buttrock: Change of plans tonight- Eddie left Costa Rica early and is standing by in studio and Trunk Nation will be Live in 30 minutes! Since short notice, no guests planned.:headbang: :headbang:

19. SIRIUSaboutXM

Just ran into Matt Sorum here in the halls at SIRIUSXM He's going to drop in live on my show around 6:15P ET tonight channel 39 LIVE

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  20. SIRIUSaboutXM

Just also confirmed Jake E Lee calling in LIVE around 9P ET! Don't miss Jake joining me in my last hour tonight!