This week on 'Trunk Nation'

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Last live show of the year tonight. Busy one with lots to play and say. Guests include:

Andy Curran of Coney Hatch
Jim Breuer
Bob Daisely.

Join me for music and talk that rocks!

Also just confirmed an "Eddie Trunk Live" gig for 2/8 at Concert Pub North in Houston! So many have asked me to come to Houston so glad I could make this happen. It will be a storytellers / Q&A gig with live bands to follow. This was just confirmed so more details to come. I will also sign and sell books after the appearance. See you soon Houston! Hope to announce more soon.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Wild couple of days for the Trunkster!

12/18: KISS & THE HALL THE DAY AFTER, GENE IN RS, KISSMAS SPECIAL

The last 24 hours or so have been pretty cool following the announcement Kiss has finally made the R&R Hall. I want to thank the many fans that have reached out to me and said thanks for pushing for this so many years. I’m not for a minute taking credit for it, but it is nice to see progress being made after so many years of disrespect and ignoring not only Kiss, but Alice and Rush who also recently finally went in. If my ranting on TV and radio for the last decade has helped push this along it’s nice to know many feel it had an impact. For those that don’t know the back story, the president of the Hall became so aware of how outspoken I had been about these bands he actually came on my radio show a couple years ago to discuss it all. I was even thrown directly into the discussion yesterday when Andy Greene from Rolling Stone brought my name up to Gene in an interview with him (link in my news section). It’s nice to know so many have associated my voice with this happening and I appreciate it and I’m just glad for all the fellow Kiss fans it’s now a reality. We have waited far too long and if it all indeed did play a role and help, great! Most important 15 years of injustice will come to an end (even though it will always bother me how they made bands like Kiss, Alice and Rush wait, while Nirvana and Guns go first time!). One other thing about the RS story, Gene must have been clearly caught off guard when the writer asked him about me and why he won’t come on TMS, because it was an absurd explanation that barely made sense! Hand gestures? Not heavy metal? (we are rock and metal, didn’t bother Heart, Paul Rodgers, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, etc). As always my door remains open to Gene and Paul. Their FANS want to see and hear them on my shows, because they want informed objective discussion on platforms with people who truly know the band and history. Paul plays a much larger role in Gene not coming on than anyone thinks. He of course is also more than welcome and I congratulate them both on the induction. Being a fan of anything should allow you to discuss what you like and don’t like in a bands history. I have and always will do that and respect other views as well.

Now that Kiss is in my comments section on my site, twitter and email have exploded with questions and comments. It’s been all good stuff and appreciate all opinions. What’s important to note is that many of the questions people are asking are simply not decided yet. Only yesterday did the band learn they were in. The Hall selected only the original band to be inducted. That does not mean however that other members may not be involved or represented on stage. But Ace, Peter, Gene and Paul are the ones actually being inducted. I would fully expect some acknowledgment (as there should be) and maybe even some performance that includes others. Again, this is where the negotiations come in over the next couple months, and honestly where things can get nasty with bands and the Hall and how things go down. But at the very least the original 4 will be there by all indications and all seem open to a song or two, at least as of now. I fully expect Gene and Paul to push for Eric & Tommy to be involved somehow. If that’s the case I surely hope Bruce and Vinnie are offered a role and proper acknowledgement of Eric Carr and Mark St. John are presented. Which leads me to my point about all or none. To me the Hall would have had to induct everyone from Kiss. Or just the originals which they have decided. So since this night is about the four guys that started it all I would keep it at just that. Of course Gene and Paul can mention the others by name, even have them there. But once the playing starts getting mixed in then it could get weird and hard feelings can come into play. Especially if makeup is involved, which we do not know yet. So there is still much to be worked out. You have three separate camps here; Peter, Ace, Gene/Paul. And no doubt 3 different views on what should happen. More info as it comes available, but let’s hope it all plays out in the best and most respectful way possible for the band and the fans. We have all waited too long for this!
My annual KISSmas special is this Friday 11P-2A ET on Q104.3 NYC. You can listen outside NYC area via the iHeartradio app or at www.q1043.com Rules of streaming and it’s access controlled by the station not me. This show also airs the following weekend on all affiliates. Ace Frehley will call in live! All Kiss music, all eras as usual.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Wow. Eddies all over the place. Good for him. He's trying to be a bit humble, but everyone knows it's been his campaigning that got Kiss in the Hall of Shame. :buttrock: good work Eddie.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Drastic change on the KISS dilemma performing & accepting at the R&R Hall- Interesting conversation, to say the least!!

Hair Nation with Eddie Trunk
Duration: 01:17:31 | Expires in 30 Days | Aired 1/6 6:00PM EST
In his first live show of 2014, Eddie chats with Jim Florentine of Ozzy's Boneyard about Kiss, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and much more. Eddie Trunk is a NJ-native who has spent more than 25 years in the music industry, launching the first-ever hard rock and heavy metal radio show (in 1983), managing artists, serving as VP of Megaforce Records and being a TV host on VH1's That Metal Show and others. Call Eddie Monday nights at 866-315-2663. More info at Eddie Trunk.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
1510601_780143765332391_1299985899_n.jpg
1560699_780049125341855_1358679904_n.jpg

Latest from Eddie:
Headed to NYC to see our new TMS set and for first day of run throughs for the new season that starts taping Tomorrow. Later will be live on SiriusXM starting 6P ET on channel 39 with Zakk Wylde in studio. More soon. TMS is back!

1505469_780051945341573_2138269038_n.jpg

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Thatmetalshowlogo.jpg

VH1 CLASSIC’S “THAT METAL SHOW†SEASON 13 DEBUTS ON JANUARY 18TH, SOME OF THE GUESTS THIS SEASON INCLUDE: ZAKK WYLDE, MICK MARS, ACE FREHLEY, THE WINERY DOGS AND MORE

That Metal Show is returning for its 13h season this week. The acclaimed hard rock/heavy metal talk show, hosted by Eddie Trunk, Don Jamieson and Jim Florentine, begins its latest season January 18th at 11:00PM ET/PT. The guests for the debut episode are Avenged Sevenfold vocalist M. Shadows and Black Label Society vocalist/guitarist Zakk Wylde. Filling in as the guest musician for the episode is Five Finger Death Punch guitarist, Jason Hook. The episode will also feature the fan favorite segments Take It Or Leave It, TMS Top 5, Rank and of course, Stump The Trunk.

Each week That Metal Show will continue to bring their audience the biggest names in hard rock and heavy metal. A slew of guests have already been confirmed for the upcoming episodes including Myles Kennedy and Mark Tremonti of Alter Bridge, Randy Blythe and Chris Adler of Lamb of God, Corey Glover and Vernon Reid of Living Colour and The Winery Dogs. Also confirmed to appear during Season 13 are Mick Mars, Ted Nugent, Ace Frehley, Peter Criss, Joe Satriani, Al Jourgensen, Morgan Rose, Frank Bello and David Ellefson. Other guests are still being confirmed at this time with more to be named at a later date.

Known for having the best musicians in music perform each week on That Metal Show, Season 13 will continue the trend with the likes of Night Ranger guitarist Joel Hoekstra, surf guitar maestro Gary Hoey and metal master Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante. Other blazing musical performances by Charred Walls of the Damned drummer Richard Christy and female guitar legend Lita Ford are also confirmed to make the new season the most musically diverse collection of shows in That Metal Show history.

This season will mark some monumental changes for the show as it returns to New York City for Season 13. Previously, the show was taped over several days of one week out at Sony Studios in Los Angeles. The new season will be shot at Metropolis Studios on Tuesday nights for broadcast that Saturday. Season 13 will also consist of 12 new episodes making it the longest season in the show’s history. Fans can also catch the complete season 12 and brand new exclusive bonus clips at ThatMetalShow.VH1.com and in the new VH1 app. New episodes of season 13 will launch on the web and in the app every Sunday morning following the show’s on-air premiere.

That Metal Show premiered on VH1 Classic in November 2008 and since then has become the only place for all things hard rock/heavy metal on cable television. The show has been visited by some of the biggest names in music including members of Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Pantera, Anthrax, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Queensrÿche and Heart to name just a few.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Good stuff! :buttrock:
Looking forward to the new season.
He's got a number of guests that seem like they've just been on. (Maybe, they are just fresh in my head from reruns. :clueless: )

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Big live show on SiriusXM this Monday channel 39 starting at 6P ET. Lita Ford. Michael Schenker and Scott Ian will be among the guests. Live 6-10P ET TRUNKNation!

51pRYlNXygL._AA160_.jpg

bridge_the_gap.jpg

Michael Schenker's Temple Of Rock
The Brand New Album - Bridge The Gap

Featuring:
Doogie White - Vocals
Herman Rarebell - Drums
Francis Buchholz - Bass
Wayne Findlay - Guitar & Keyboards

Deluxe Edition contains Bonus Track
with Don Dokken on vocals

Award winning guitar legend Michael Schenker will release a new studio album entitled "Bridge The Gap" on Friday, November 22nd. released byin-akustik, the album features Schenker's Temple of Rock band which consists of ex-Scorpions drummer Herman Rarebell and bassist Francis Buchholz, vocalist Doogie White (ex-Rainbow) and Wayne Findlay (guitar, keyboards).

The new album features 13 hard-hitting, adrenalin fuelled melodic rock 'n' roll songs that showcase Schenker's distinctive and explosive guitar playing, valiantly underpinned by the ferocious rythym section of Rarebell and Buchholz, marking the first time Schenker, Rarebell and Buchholz appeared on the same album since the Scorpions' 1979 Lovedrive.

Scottish vocalist Doogie White, who co-wrote the album with Schenker, soars across every song and stamps his enthusiatic personality with every note and phrase. Wayne Findlay adds another dimension to the dynamic, classic Schenker sound with his Dean 7 string guitar and keyboard orchestrations.

Bridge The Gap is a thunderous, explosive collection of brand new songs steeped in shades of dark and light. Musically and lyrically, the new album shows a re-energized guitarist at the top of his game, surrounded by top drawer musicians.

The album was recorded from January through March 2013 at Kidroom Studios in Germany and was produced by Michael Schenker and Michael Voss, and engineered by Michael Voss.

Plus today is Paul Stanley's 62nd birthday- Expect a lot of discussion about KISS, R&RH of Fame and

Does Paul wear wigs??

paul%2Bstanley%2Bkiss%2Bbald%2Bbalding.jpg

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Nothing about Paul mentioned on the ON DEMAND:

Duration: 00:57:27 | Expires in 34 Days | Aired 1/20 6:00PM EST

Lita Ford gives Eddie a call this week, followed by Anthrax guitarist and metal superfan Scott Ian! Eddie Trunk is a NJ-native who has spent more than 25 years in the music industry, launching the first-ever hard rock and heavy metal radio show (in 1983), managing artists, serving as VP of Megaforce Records and being a TV host on VH1's That Metal Show and others. Call Eddie Monday nights at 866-315-2663. More info at Eddie Trunk.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Nothing about Paul mentioned on the ON DEMAND:

Duration: 00:57:27 | Expires in 34 Days | Aired 1/20 6:00PM EST

Lita Ford gives Eddie a call this week, followed by Anthrax guitarist and metal superfan Scott Ian! Eddie Trunk is a NJ-native who has spent more than 25 years in the music industry, launching the first-ever hard rock and heavy metal radio show (in 1983), managing artists, serving as VP of Megaforce Records and being a TV host on VH1's That Metal Show and others. Call Eddie Monday nights at 866-315-2663. More info at Eddie Trunk.
I didn't say Paul would be a guest- I just noticed that it was his birthday and thought Eddie would play some of his music and talk about it.

Also Michael Schenker had travel delays overseas and could not call in, but has been rescheduled for another show.

Anyone watch the new TMS last weekend? That was awesome when that dude Stumped the Trunk and when he reached into the Box of Junk, it was empty! So Jason Hook from Five Finger Death Punch gave him this guitar!

1507997_783322425014525_690116178_n.jpg

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That was great indeed.

Since it was his signature axe, it was a Gibson promotion, but what a hell of a bit of SWAG that would be! :buttrock:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
"Lot of people walking around NYC right now that look like they don't know where they're going. Something about a football game this Sunday!"

Guests tonight(from Cousin Brucie's studio!)

Michael Schenker (from my favorite version of UFO)

bridge_the_gap.jpg

Kip Winger

992903_414103125374434_637226282_n.jpg

"Better Days Comin"
The new album from WINGER will be available Spring 2014 on Frontiers Records

Marty Friedman (lead guitarist in Megadeth)

mainpic.jpg

! Music & Talk That Rocks! #trunknation

And if your'e a Crue fan, you need to be aware!

BfBHaiNIAAAYoRY.jpg

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
No show tonight- Eddie is too sick to make it. Good news- he lost 5 pounds!

Luc Carl will fill in tonight on the Nation of Hair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk