Today's Leno/Stuttering John Rant

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Poster's advisory. This is a rant. You may want to go to another thread if you find it offensive.
What bitter sourpuss show Howard put on this morning with Gary, Artie, Robin and even Fred piling on...The first hour and a half consisted of a truly twisted Leno/ Stuttering John rant, plus some asskissing caller advising Howard to tell all the complainers to listen to something else if they don't like it (Howard must have seen it on the board ... :"listener wants to tell you to tell complainers to fuck off") and plus a deeply unfunny phony phone call by Blue Iris to some poor schlub who gives guitar lessons...
So... Howard did a rant against the terrible scumbag Jay Leno because he gave John a $500,000 a year job and now doesn't use him that much!. Insiders tell Howard that John does not get to do any writing for the show! Oh the humanity! And then Howard did about 20 minutes on how untalented his old friend John was (can't really announce, can't reall write, can't really do bits) ... with the asskissing crew joining the pile-on party... even Fred piling on doing the Stuttering John imitation which is really wearing thin. (You may recall that John's role in the end at the Howard Stern Show was alternately as the staff tattletale and as the Howard Stern punching bag for which he was paid maybe a tenth of what Leno paid him.) Artie threw in something to the effect that by accepting the $500,000 job from Leno, John put a real announcer out of a job. (Artie, Artie!!) Scott was revealed to have let John practice his announcing (played over and over) and not telling Howard. Howard threw in another jibe at Leno for not demanding more money from NBC (Now that's really a scheevy thing to do!). He finished up predicting that Leno would bring John to his 10PM show because he was so aware of Howard's rants that he would be embarrassed if he didn't bring John. Thus, John's continued employment should be credited to Howard.
End of Rant.

Reactions: jamesp717

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
this is accurate...and I enjoyed it all...that is the essence of the hss
Couldn't have said it better myself. Howard ragging on celebrities that he hates is radio gold, whether they deserve it or not. He's even broken into a little of Stephen Spielberg's "thufferin' thucotash" voice lately. Now I've got nothing personal against Leno (except he's a little milquetoast) and I love Spielberg's films, but let's face it - skewering true assholes is easy - skewering sacred cows like Leno and Spielberg takes balls.

Good to have the old angry Howard back!!

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
this is accurate...and I enjoyed it all...that is the essence of the hss
I guess I am drawn to Howard's monster side also.. I think I draw a line between compelling radio (Howard's amazing walk-out at Garry's dinner.. he didn't think twice about it! Time to go!) and when Howard is embarassing himself more than usual. If Leno would engage in a war... it might be fun. But Leno doesn't utter a peep and it makes Howard look bad.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Remember Janine and Nikki Tyler's kiss? Where's the uncensored version of that video? That was the beginning of the end of Howard and Jay's relationship.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Couldn't have said it better myself. Howard ragging on celebrities that he hates is radio gold, whether they deserve it or not. He's even broken into a little of Stephen Spielberg's "thufferin' thucotash" voice lately. Now I've got nothing personal against Leno (except he's a little milquetoast) and I love Spielberg's films, but let's face it - skewering true assholes is easy - skewering sacred cows like Leno and Spielberg takes balls.

Good to have the old angry Howard back!!
The other day Howard was talking about how Speilberg ignored him on the street in the Hamptons and how much Spielberg must hate him. The thing Howard did not mention was that Howard did not really skewer Spielberg for what he does (how can you come down on him for his work as a director and producer?) Rather he ridiculed Spielberg as a liberal who adopts black kids and then portrayed the kids as all speaking in Ebonics. Making the kids into caracitures can't really go down too well with any parent....

Triscuit

Oct 12, 2008
Raleigh, NC
My favorite aspect of today's Howard rant was that the original caller was simply asking if Howard saw a possibly drunk Terry Bradshaw on Leno. That was enough to light Howard's fuse.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
while I do find it amussing, I still don't understand why howard is so pissed at jay about this. If I was stuttering John, I would have done the same thing. Its a bigger oppertuinty with more money. no brainer

Just picking on Stuttering John to me is always funny as hell though

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I personally never understood why Howard was pissed at Kathy Lee, or Rosie, or Sharon Stone, or Chevy Chase (sans the "egg timer" crack) or even Spielberg, for that matter. The only clowns I understood his anger about was other DJ's, especially that racist fuck Imus, and Spike Lee, because of what he did to Robin. I always took Howard's Id at face value, and figured good reason or not, he had his feelings and he was going to let them fly.

And every time he did, it was gold, sheer gold . . . whether the celebrity deserved it or not.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Remember Janine and Nikki Tyler's kiss? Where's the uncensored version of that video? That was the beginning of the end of Howard and Jay's relationship.
I remember that night. That happened while I was standing in line in Westwood waiting for the Miss America booksigning the next day. After the Leno taping, people like Melrose Larry (and others who were at the taping) started to show up and were all lit up about the craziness that happened between Howard and Jay.

That was a great day...

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I personally never understood why Howard was pissed at Kathy Lee, or Rosie, or Sharon Stone, or Chevy Chase (sans the "egg timer" crack) or even Spielberg, for that matter.
Kathie Lee - Popular with women, so full of herself, so opinionated, a Jesus freak although she was originally Jewish or half Jewish...a sure invitation to Howard's ridicule although he always thought she was hot and wanted to do her

Rosie - "Queen of Nice" - ground for ridicule by itself, criticized Howard's humor (cardinal sin) - ground for hate, very free with her opinions which were contrary to Howard's, popular with women

Chevy Chase - This was a war as opposed to hate . Chevy started the ball rolling by making some kind of disparaging comment about Howard (I think), Chevy was still popular at the time, made the mistake of getting up on his high horse when Howard called his home directly (thanks to Belzer), thin skinned for a funny man

Sharon Stone - So pretentious.. so cold... made the mistake of letting her entourage rough up Stuttering John at that wonderfuld wonderful news conference he broke up

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDgcnNLrYQ]YouTube - Jay Leno Brokers a Hair-Raising Bet Between his Sidekicks[/ame]

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
The other day Howard was talking about how Speilberg ignored him on the street in the Hamptons and how much Spielberg must hate him. The thing Howard did not mention was that Howard did not really skewer Spielberg for what he does (how can you come down on him for his work as a director and producer?) Rather he ridiculed Spielberg as a liberal who adopts black kids and then portrayed the kids as all speaking in Ebonics. Making the kids into caracitures can't really go down too well with any parent....
Thats so true. I love when Howard goes on his rants,but is funny when he wonders why Spielberg won't talk to him.

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
From the stories he has told, Howard never goes up to anyone in public but always wants them to come to him.

If he is shy, stand-offish, or thinks he is too big a star to make the first move, I don't know - but he would have better guests and more celebrity friends if he opened up at those parties. I think his statements about never wanting to bother anyone by asking them to come on the show is ridiculous.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I loved it when Howard stated at the start of the show/bit that he's not familiar with The Tonight Show.....give me a break.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
The guy's in bed by 9PM. He's not watching ANY latenight shows and his Tivo is filled with The Bachelor and gay dance shows.

Hell, I'm up that late and I dont even watch that crap.