Today's show (05/10/10) = horrible!

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
BTW, it's like 98 shows left, right? Does that blow anyone's mind that we're in May and there's only 98 shows left? Talk about a lazy bunch. But, at this rate, I wish it were 8 *quality* shows left instead of today's b.s.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Yes, especially since there are about 175 working days between now and then. 140 M-Th days. I may have missed a few but I think I counted 35 or 36 weeks between now and then.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
If Artie were still on the show, he'd fake-laugh his way through everything, so, no thanks.

I can understand a guy praising his wife - but it's gotten RIDICULOUS. So Beth wrote a book! We get it!!!! I still think it's amazing Howard has the balls to do all of this and there is NO mention of the "co-writer" or the fact that Beth isn't doing anything any different than Imus' wife or Billy Joel's little wife, or Nancy Siriani, or... etc. etc.

Pearl Jam on the show will never happen - you hear Howard and Gary when a band comes up, "Whatever happened to these guys?" They don't even remember Pearl Jam.

My sole purpose for listening to the show is to be amazed at what a turd it has become... occasionally I do get a good laugh out of something but there's only so many times I can listen to the SAME phony phone calls being played over and over again like today...
the only thing that has made me laugh in the last couple months have been richard and sal calls. specifically the autotune one, and the one they have been playing almost daily about the jizz on the keyboard tradio one. that one has had me crackin up constantly even tho I have heard it at least 5 times!

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I really doubt Howard is staying. Hell, at this point would you even want to sign him? The show has turned into a trainwreck.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
He will stay for a couple of days a week. I can't see him doing 4 days again. He's just too bored. To be honest, how many people would work after being filthy rich like Howard. I don't blame him and if he leaves I'll respect him more than if he stays and does a bad show.

Artie for me was the last good thing about the show. I used to think how boring it was when Artie was out sick cause Howard was unrelatable already going back 5 years or so.

I'd actually be ok with Howard doing a podcast for one hour a day where he just rants and gives his take on whatever and then that's it. No news, no whores, nothing just Howard and that's it.

But then again he'd have to fire everyone else if he went to podcast. I don't think he'd like the cast being out of work but then again it's a burden for Howard to know that none of them can make a living without him.

Even the "great" Bababooey, when you break it down his value is being a character for Howard.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Simply horrible opening 2 hours or so. A perfect example of why I'll take live FM Bubba over live Stern any day lately. FM has really lowered the entertainment value of the show, but at least they have shit to talk about and not self indulgent segments fawning over Heather and Amanda for helping animals.

And before anyone says it, I'm not listening to something I hate instead of tuning out. I am tuning out. :jj: There are bright spots, but honestly, I can't see this going on for another contract. Unless Howard is more rested or whatever he needs to do better shows.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I'm tuning out too man. I got the XM package now and I have O&A to turn to. I can get Bubba on FM too and do that as well. It's good to have choices but it ain't like before where you didn't know what Howard was gonna do next.

The opening hour is the least predictable but then it goes to Lisa G news previews...commercial, some brief discussions about current events...commercial, guest, Jon Hein and Steve, Robin's news and the end.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
the only thing that has made me laugh in the last couple months have been richard and sal calls. specifically the autotune one, and the one they have been playing almost daily about the jizz on the keyboard tradio one. that one has had me crackin up constantly even tho I have heard it at least 5 times!
I do find those calls funny but I am a little tired of them at this point personally, but they did a good job on those. Beats the calls where all they did is interrupt their victims with sound effects (loud concert, train horn, etc.). :)

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Howard has not only lost the ability to care about the show, he can't multitask at all. He doesn't seem to be able to balance figuring out how to air a quality show and ponder the future beyond December and kiss Beth's ass. He can do one of these things at any given moment, and never chooses to do a quality show. If the show is good, it's by accident. Sorry, but it's true.

I think what astounds me when I see a clip of Howard TV or whatever is that Howard has this GIANT staff - so many people that you cannot even identify who the hell they are, not to mention the long list in the credits to Howard TV programs - and yet what we're hearing is the best anyone can do. That's really sad. Gary can't even book decent guests. He hides behind the "Howard wouldn't want that person as a guest," excuse but we've heard him shoot down perfectly viable guests (Jersey Shore comes to mind - I hate those idiots, but I think they would have been good 'trainwreck' guests and kept the Stern show relevant).

Another telltale sign is when Lisa G. couldn't even get celebrity interviews on the red carpet. Howard blamed satellite radio as not being top of mind, everyone else blamed Lisa G., but let's face it, if Howard was even close to being as big a celebrity as he claims, that would not have happened.

Sirius' best option is to line up as many "hot" talk shows as they can and then they won't need Howard at all. If *we* need Howard, he's got the money to put together a podcast or go to terrestrial radio, plain and simple.

And just remember, Celeb Apprentice is ending soon, so Joan Rivers might be a guest on the Stern show REAL soon again to provide insight...! ;)

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I'm tuning out too man. I got the XM package now and I have O&A to turn to. I can get Bubba on FM too and do that as well. It's good to have choices but it ain't like before where you didn't know what Howard was gonna do next.

The opening hour is the least predictable but then it goes to Lisa G news previews...commercial, some brief discussions about current events...commercial, guest, Jon Hein and Steve, Robin's news and the end.
First hour is the best - but if it sucks (like today), it usually means the rest of the show will suck, too. Sigh.

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
And just remember, Celeb Apprentice is ending soon, so Joan Rivers might be a guest on the Stern show REAL soon again to provide insight...! ;)
I saw an ad for Celebrity Apprentice tonight and in the space of 30 seconds they showed Donald Trump, Sharon Osbourne, Joan Rivers and Cyndi Lauper. My first thought was "Boff, I've got a great week o' celebrity guests lined up!"

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
Sirius' best option is to line up as many "hot" talk shows as they can and then they won't need Howard at all.
In that case they've got a long way to go. There's maybe a handful of good talk shows on Sirius-XM but the majority are just plain bad. Think of all the crap on Martha Stewart Channel, Stars, Playboy Channel, Doctor Radio, etc. And the promise of Howard 101 was certainly never fulfilled.

Unfortunately big names like Carolla, Leykis, Hendrie, etc. would never come to do exclusive shows for Sirius because they won't work for chump change.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
In that case they've got a long way to go. There's maybe a handful of good talk shows on Sirius-XM but the majority are just plain bad. Think of all the crap on Martha Stewart Channel, Stars, Playboy Channel, Doctor Radio, etc. And the promise of Howard 101 was certainly never fulfilled.

Unfortunately big names like Carolla, Leykis, Hendrie, etc. would never come to do exclusive shows for Sirius because they won't work for chump change.
but if they were to free up some of that howard money, they should easily be able to afford some legitimate radio talent.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Sirius' best option is to line up as many "hot" talk shows as they can and then they won't need Howard at all. If *we* need Howard, he's got the money to put together a podcast or go to terrestrial radio, plain and simple.
I thought that at one point, but I've talked to several people about this that seem convinced Sirius XM will shift the focus more towards music, sports, and family entertainment and forget about shows like Howard and Bubba. I have to say they make a good point.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I thought that at one point, but I've talked to several people about this that seem convinced Sirius XM will shift the focus more towards music, sports, and family entertainment and forget about shows like Howard and Bubba. I have to say they make a good point.
That would be a great strategy. And, Sirius has to have a strategy rather than just whether Howard signs or not. They should have abattle plan as if Howard doesn't even exist. Once they come up with that, then treat it like Howard *does* exist, and see if he can fit into the plans like "icing". If not, no big deal.

Look, even if Howard was doing GREAT radio at this point in his career, he is just not essential to Sirius' future. They will probably gain more subscribers long-term than they will lose if/when Howard is jettisoned.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Monday shows are usually terrible, especially when there is no guest coming in. Good relevant guests are staying away from the show since the contract situation is in limbo. Howard is pretty much a lame duck until the contract situation is resolved one way or the other.
Why would a good guest looking to promote a movie, music, book, political campaign stay away from the show because Howards contract is up in dec? If they thought it was worth the time, they would be on the show.

Last edited:

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
but if they were to free up some of that howard money, they should easily be able to afford some legitimate radio talent.
Won't happen exclusively. Sirius has a mountain of debit to pay off. They are not nor will they ever be in the position to throw money around at talent like they did when they were head to head with XM battling for market share. That battle almost killed both companies. What might happen is talk shows and Howard are simulcast on Sirius/XM at the same time they are on over the air radio. Some of the political shows and Bubba already do this. Sirius will become another outlet for a talk show host, not the exclusive outlet. This would serve Sirius/XM subscribers and it doesn’t cost SIR the farm.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I love how everyone kissed Beth's ass. Holy fuck!

What I wonder is if they are being honest or just doing it to kiss Howard's ass so they can be on the air.

Beth was horrible and she's got a skeleton look going on.

Exactly. It's become so much of a game by this point, it's stupid.

"Stern Show, what do you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I wanna kiss Beth's ass about how hot she is and how a threesome between Howard, Miss HowardTV and Beth would be so hot."

Zap! To the top of the list it goes.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Won't happen exclusively. Sirius has a mountain of debit to pay off. They are not nor will they ever be in the position to throw money around at talent like they did when they were head to head with XM battling for market share. That battle almost killed both companies. What might happen is talk shows and Howard are simulcast on Sirius/XM at the same time they are on over the air radio. Some of the political shows and Bubba already do this. Sirius will become another outlet for a talk show host, not the exclusive outlet. This would serve Sirius/XM subscribers and it doesn’t cost SIR the farm.

Geek point: Bubba is not simulcast, but rather delayed.