Tony Stewart Hits Driver At Canandaigua Motorsports Park

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
wow thats crazy. i feel bad for the guy who died but is it a common thing for dirt track racers to get out of their cars and run into the middle of the track to call out other drivers when they get pissed? even if that is common seems like u gotta know the risk if u do that.

also hey tony, do u think its a good idea to race in some nascar event today? that move dosent really make u look so great.

btw...im surprised sportscenter is covering this. didnt lebron take a dump last night? i thought that would be their lead story.

Last edited:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Prayers & blessings to the family of Kevin Ward, Jr.

I don't like Tony Stewart, so I have nothing to say about him. He's the one who has to live with himself & what he does ...

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
well someone finally talked some sense into stewart team and he wont race today.
way better decision than this quote from earlier:

“We’re business as usual today,” Greg Zipadelli, Stewart-Haas Racing competition director, told USA TODAY Sports.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Yes, it happens all the time after a wreck. A series of bad decisions led to an unfortunate tragedy. Pleased Tony decided to step out of the car and let Regan Smith race today.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I lol'd.

You go running around on a track with racecars, what do you think's gonna happen?

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
If it had been anybody else but Tony Stewart, I'd agree with Hyson. Tony meant to buzz the guy--maybe run over his foot--and he nailed him. He's going to be spending a long time in jail for manslaughter.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
If it had been anybody else but Tony Stewart, I'd agree with Hyson. Tony meant to buzz the guy--maybe run over his foot--and he nailed him. He's going to be spending a long time in jail for manslaughter.
He won't spend 1 hour in jail.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Cup drivers have a habit of expressing themselves after getting wrecked. No surprise a local driver wouldn't imitate one ...

I was at that race.

He won't spend 1 hour in jail.

I think this is what will happen, but the ramifications will hurt him for the next year or too ...

Ripple effects for Stewart, NASCAR, sponsors could be huge

In 2002, Stewart nearly lost his ride at Joe Gibbs Racing for shoving a photographer at Indianapolis Motor Speedway after a 12th-place finish in the Brickyard 400. He sought anger management counseling and was placed on probation for the incident, as he also was for striking Brian Vickers after a 2004 Cup race at Sonoma Raceway.

There have been many other instances in which Stewart's legendary temper has flared without drawing punishment. Two years ago at Bristol Motor Speedway, he wasn't disciplined for hurling his helmet at Matt Kenseth's car after a crash while racing for the lead.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
That second video is kinda telling. It looks like the car before Stewart's almost hit him. Then when that car swerved to miss him Stewart was right there.

To me it doesn't look like he ment to hit him.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Reactions: hyson

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
That second video is kinda telling. It looks like the car before Stewart's almost hit him. Then when that car swerved to miss him Stewart was right there.

To me it doesn't look like he ment to hit him.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Where is there a link to the second video?