TSS Radio Now Ships From Canada!

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
It has been my experience that both Sirius Canada and XM Canada seem to be doing what Sirius-US and XM-US should have been doing all along. Unfortunatly, they have overpriced their products and that along with CRTC sillyness has driven a lot of Canadian customers to the grey market.

A lot of the radios and stuff in Canada are now cheaper than in the US. That wasn't the case in the beginning but it is now. Take the Starmate 5. It's $99 CAN. Or the Stiletto 2 which comes with a Car Kit for the MSRP of $299 CAN. Those are better deals than here. Their Boomboxes are more expensive. The pricing structure is just different I guess which like you say encourages people to sometimes buy from the US.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
A lot of the radios and stuff in Canada are now cheaper than in the US. That wasn't the case in the beginning but it is now. Take the Starmate 5. It's $99 CAN. Or the Stiletto 2 which comes with a Car Kit for the MSRP of $299 CAN. Those are better deals than here. Their Boomboxes are more expensive. The pricing structure is just different I guess which like you say encourages people to sometimes buy from the US.

I took advantage of that deal when I bought my SL2. But I subbed with the US although that was primarly due to no high speed internet available from Sirius Canada.

sts103

Jan 6, 2009
Ottawa
I'm glad the process went smooth for you. It's a bit tough for me because we don't have quite as much control since it's an outsourced Warehouse doing the job. But it's out of Oakville, so sounds pretty close to you.

There are some products that have a lot more demand in Canada for us, like the SIRGM2 and the SIRGM1.

Sirius Canada does a great job doing what they do. In a lot of ways I think they are a step ahead marketing wise than SIRIUS XM. Are you a SIRIUS Canada customer or a SIRIUS US customer?

I am a Sirius Canada subscriber, but disappointed with their lack of control over the programming they advertised on their lineup which has been changed by SiriusXM. I don't receive email notices from Sirius Canada about upcoming changes. Not sure if others do. Then there's the absence of the Best Of XM for Canadian subscribers...

What do people like about Sirius Canada over SiriusXM?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I am a Sirius Canada subscriber, but disappointed with their lack of control over the programming they advertised on their lineup which has been changed by SiriusXM. I don't receive email notices from Sirius Canada about upcoming changes. Not sure if others do. Then there's the absence of the Best Of XM for Canadian subscribers...

What do people like about Sirius Canada over SiriusXM?

I bet most people just don't think about doing the Grey Market thing.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I bet most people just don't think about doing the Grey Market thing.

It is more difficult to subscribe to the grey market. You need a US address. You need to either have gift cards or a credit card that SirusXM won't detect as Canadian. Its more work than the Canadian version and some people probably don't know that there is any benifit. Others will just take the path of least resistance.