TTR1 HTTP Error

IndustrialH

"Not dead... just resting"
Not sure where to throw this but last night my TTR1 decided to throw up a HTTP error. I gave it a hard reset, confirmed my passwords on both accounts, and went through a full setup using both the above and below the 49th accounts. No change whatsoever, anyone else in the same boat? Ethernet and WiFi connect ok.

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
Hey industrialH.
I am also sadly in the same boat as you. I tried to change my username and password. I did a hard reset. What I'm noticing that is happening is that now that I changed my username and pw, it is not saving it and continue to get the HTTP error as well. Not sure if there is anyone who can help us with this or what other options we have. I really like this radio and so bummed if this is the end because of some screw up on updates or something??? Anyone else able to help??

Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: IndustrialH

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
Well it's helpful to know the TTR2 still works. I'm wondering if they are trying to phase out the TTR1 with the release of the TTR3

• Sad
Reactions: IndustrialH

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
A thought. I think SXM streams through HTTPS protocol. I wonder if the certificates have just expired? It would not surprise me that they have 'forgotten' about the TTR1 now that they have moved on to newer models. Wouldn't be the first hardware they have abandoned.

Reactions: IndustrialH and DJL

IndustrialH

"Not dead... just resting"
A thought. I think SXM streams through HTTPS protocol. I wonder if the certificates have just expired? It would not surprise me that they have 'forgotten' about the TTR1 now that they have moved on to newer models. Wouldn't be the first hardware they have abandoned.
Yes looks like abandoned. From the downdetector website:
Status overview
Quote:
Robert Arnold10 hours ago • edited
For those of you who have TTR1 Internet Radios I want to share with you that Sirius XM Advanced Help Desk just confirmed that these units are not longer supported and won't be use-able going forward. They suggested purchasing new equipment. Note - I'm not going to. WIll just install the app on my iPhone and Bluetooth into a speaker while using WiFi only data or maybe reposition my Alexa and use the SXM skill. Oh well, I really liked those radios.
Unquote.

Am I annoyed ... yep!

• Sad
Reactions: HecticArt