Tunemix, Tunescan, Etc.

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by kryptonite, Jan 19, 2017.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Eek!

I got a pretty good deal on an Onyx Plus, so I bit. I thought it came with the customized music channels, such as what my phone has.

Boy, was I wrong.

TuneScan seems to be like a "scan" like what the FM radios had...didn't like what you're listening to and this jumps between presets.

But what the heck is TuneMix?

And it appears that I can't customize a single music channel like I can on my phone? Say, I don't want live songs...or I want a heavy selection of older stuff... I can do that on my phone... can I do that on the Onyx?
  2. kryptonite

Hey @HecticArt ... any tips?

Could I get a home kit and connect that to my SubX1? The radio and SubX1 aren't compatible...it just won't fit. But... I remember that I sawed off the sides of my SL100 car dock to accommodate my SL2. Could I do the same to the back piece in the SUBX1 to force the Onyx to fit?
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm not sure about the SubX1. Never used one before.
    I did shave the fins off of my old SL100 docks to use my SL2. It worked just fine.
    Not knowing about the SubX1, I couldn't be sure if there are any variations that could damage your radio.

TuneMix is a feature that will shuffle songs between your preset stations. It's a bit like the old SuperShuffle station but with your stations. I used to use it, and don't really know why I don't any more.

I haven't used an Onyx either, but I don't thank you can customize stations like you can on the app.
  4. kryptonite

"Upon further review..."

It does not have a way to custom mix the channels. :(

It does have a feature that allows playing a song fron the start...but if I change the channel and change back, it begins where it it happens to be at a random part of the song.

TuneMix is an interesting feature, especially if one were to put talk/sport channels on those presets.

I still haven't found a way to directly enter a channel number.
  5. kryptonite

I just "found" a new feature!

Drive to work and listen to one channel.
    Pull into garage and have very spotty service, right? WRONG! I change to another channel and can back that channel up several minutes and the service doesn't go out as I drive around the garage to find a spot.

:)
    HecticArt likes this.
  6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Mmmmmm....buffers......