Update to the SiriusXM app

Discussion in 'SIR & XMRO Internet Radio' started by Wolf, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I'm at work and notice there a new update to the SiriusXM app on my iPhone. So I download it and in the new update I notice, you can rewind the talk and music now back a few hours. Plus you can program show schedules look like. Looks like they finally made there app more like a radio unit.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. TSSMario

TSSMario New Member

The update brings some of the SiriusXM 2.0 capabilities to the iPhone app. It's a full 5 hour buffer now.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  3. TSSMario

TSSMario New Member

There are more updates to come. Not sure (or confirming) but maybe this would include the "on demand" feature that will be the staple of the 2.0 service on the new radios.
  4. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Thanks for sharing- I would not have known. The update available icon was not showing up on my app store. So I went to "update all" and it updated my Sirius app. Very cool- program guides & replay 5 hours!
  5. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Very impressive so far!
  6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I enjoyed the new update, now I can pause Stern when I get interrupted at work or replay a song over and over again, like how I use to on my Stiletto 2.
  7. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I've noticed they fixed the popping and cracking that the previous app was doing. This is great news as I was strongly considering canceling the internet radio portion because of this.

Wolf I moved your thread to the proper location as that is why I started a new thread. I looked in every forum I thought it would be, but nothing, but I didn't see yours because of where you had posted it.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

No problem, I forgot we had an Internet Radio section. But thanks for moving it to the proper area DAB!

Since these app has been updated, I'm really enjoying it now!
  10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Unfortunately not available for me. The App is not part of the Canadian App Store since it won't work with Sirius XM Canada.
  11. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

You are welcome!

I have to say the app is greatly improved. I can actually hear the difference in SQ that I was really never able to hear before. I like it! :)
  12. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Downloading on my Droid. Not sure if this applies to the droid app yet, but I hope so!
  13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I don't think so yet Grup, according to the Android Store:

ABOUT THIS APP
    RATING:
    (11,090)
    UPDATED:
    September 28, 2011
    CURRENT VERSION:
    REQUIRES ANDROID:
    1.5 and up
    CATEGORY:
    Music & Audio

Not sure how good Google is at updating descriptions, but please confirm with us one way or the other. I had initially looked earlier, so that I could announce that it was for both platforms.
  14. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Yeah, still not updated on Droid. Hopefully this comes soon, though. Before Xmas, even. Looking forward to listening on my phone again! Wish the SL2 was built to recieve updates like this for its wifi stream, would be cool to be able to pause and rewind on Wifi on the SL2.
  15. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Here is info on it SiriusXM Radio - SiriusXM Radio

I don't know how much more will be updated. I know they will push another update on this in a few months, just not sure how much on demand it will be. I wouldn't assume that on demand will be added to this app.

The Online Stream should be getting the same features very soon. Android's app should be out in roughly a month or so.

I can't describe how cool it is to see SiriusXM 2.0 roll out. I know a lot of people never thought it was going to happen.
  16. Sirterp

Sirterp Member

Hopefully, they'll completely revamp the desktop player. Why couldn't they design it like the app?
  17. joe2k4

joe2k4 New Member

Hey guys I really am enjoying this app so far the ability to rerun a show is pretty cool. I do have one question if someone could assis I'd love it. I am blind and press the fastforward button since the slider is not usable with voiceover as of now and it jumps randomly. Can someone look and see how much percentage or maybe a system in which this pushing the fastforward button is working? I like the feature of songs playing from the beginning. I use an Iphone btw if that matters.
  18. voliconjoe

voliconjoe Well-Known Member

definitely good stuff!!
  19. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

It should be. Is just a short time before it comes out.
  20. MUSCLE13

MUSCLE13 Member

Let me just say that I believe Taylor is the most informed Sirius poster on the net. But I was the one who informed him on Twitter yesterday about the update :) His reposnse was F---- Yeah! LOL

1. Couple of questions. What is this season pass thing being talked. Will there be actual on demand channels, like Howard has on cable for instance, with a library of shows?

2. We know now we cannot record songs online. But the Lynx will have this feature with the Love button. My question is we dont have a sat signal in my condo so we couldn't record withe the stiletto. Will the Love button recording of songs work on Wifi as well as sat with the Lynx?

3. Why are Android phones always second banana to the iPhone on these Sirius updates? Doesn't Android have more market penetration?