Various Thoughts

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This whole thing with Stormy Daniels getting arrested at the strip club...
1) Didn't Howard used to say "tittybar?" Indeed, I remember people complaining about his word choice there.
2) That word is just plain fun to say.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Makes me think of the sound drop of Beetlejuice saying "titties!".

It creeps me out to hear a grown man say "titties". And "vagine". I mean, who the hell came up with that?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Makes me think of the sound drop of Beetlejuice saying "titties!".

It creeps me out to hear a grown man say "titties". And "vagine". I mean, who the hell came up with that?

I mean...if he was still on terrestrial radio where you have to talk like you're talking to kids.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I truly hate it when he says titties. Somehow titties is demeaning and tits isn't. And why vagine? How is it a better word than vagina?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Quite frequently during commercials, Howard will mention JD Power & Associates.

I'm a bit surprised he doesn't goof on JD Harmeyer during those mentions.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I have come to the conclusion that there is no real rhyme or reason for my interest in guest interviews these days. If it is a major guest that I love like Dave Matthews I will be sure to listen but with others it's just how I am feeling that day. For example I really like both Snoop and Andy Cohen but I FF'ed through the Snoop interview and listened to Cohen. There was a time in the early Sirius days when I would never miss a minute of the show. Now I am much more willing to FF or just delete the show and move onto the next when I'm not feeling a guest.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I have come to the conclusion that there is no real rhyme or reason for my interest in guest interviews these days. If it is a major guest that I love like Dave Matthews I will be sure to listen but with others it's just how I am feeling that day. For example I really like both Snoop and Andy Cohen but I FF'ed through the Snoop interview and listened to Cohen. There was a time in the early Sirius days when I would never miss a minute of the show. Now I am much more willing to FF or just delete the show and move onto the next when I'm not feeling a guest.
For me, a factor is whether I think the guest will have interesting things to say. Andy Cohen is always full of gossip, inside info, and honesty, plus he's been involved with some current event news. Snoop's a good guy, but I've heard his life story, and what he's got going-on isn't all that interesting.

Reactions: JHDK

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
For the longest time, I've thought that Tim Stack (Son of the Beach) sort of had a "Jackie Martling thing" going on.

tim5566565.jpg

220px-Jackejoke.jpg

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Same old thought. How can a comic genius who can go toe to toe with Jerry Seinfeld, Alec Baldwin and anybody else...or who can just wing it brilliantly for an hour or so shooting the shit with Robin or horrify and thrill us just trashing Gary..... spend hours and hours of valuable show time with Tan Mom bits and Wendy bits and HP Eric bits and phony Sal and Richard bits? One side is brilliantly funny and the other is numbingly unfunny.. especially with Shuli doing the job of throwing the latter group under the bus . And here's a new thought... there has been someone on the staff in the studio lately doing very hard and loud forced laughing, worthy of an Imus studio laugher. Who is it?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Same old thought. How can a comic genius who can go toe to toe with Jerry Seinfeld, Alec Baldwin and anybody else...or who can just wing it brilliantly for an hour or so shooting the shit with Robin or horrify and thrill us just trashing Gary..... spend hours and hours of valuable show time with Tan Mom bits and Wendy bits and HP Eric bits and phony Sal and Richard bits?

Because he can't believe the way the commoners live. He's always given a spotlight to the "freaks" and whatnot. Who was Kenneth Keith and Elegant Elliott are now Tan Mom and Wendy.

He has dinner at 4, watches all sorts of TV shows in bed and is asleep at 8 or whatever. He puts his Halloween candy outside on the honor system.