Various Thoughts

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
MfB says "see you in September."

I guess that means two weeks off and live for two days following Labor Day.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I checked out today's show and he's off.

Indeed he is off. They've been good about putting "LIVE" on the screen when he's live. I tuned into the app a few moments later and was able to back up. Because they didn't play the audio clips before the theme, I knew.

The two weeks seems surprising.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Indeed he is off. They've been good about putting "LIVE" on the screen when he's live. I tuned into the app a few moments later and was able to back up. Because they didn't play the audio clips before the theme, I knew.

The two weeks seems surprising.
TBH, it's just as well for me. Between the need to now listen through my cell at work (SXM streaming recently got blocked on my company network), and the lack of interest in hearing him mock JD for 2 hours, have Wendy talk about shitting, hear Shuli have an argument, or listen to another disingenuous interview with a celebrity, I appreciate the break.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
TBH, it's just as well for me. Between the need to now listen through my cell at work (SXM streaming recently got blocked on my company network), and the lack of interest in hearing him mock JD for 2 hours, have Wendy talk about shitting, hear Shuli have an argument, or listen to another disingenuous interview with a celebrity, I appreciate the break.

Oh and guess what was on today's show??
JD's Proposal - March 14, 2017. 08/20/18. 9:35am
Next on today's replay show they played a segment where Howard talked about JD's proposal. Here's my rundown from that day:

JD's Engagement Discussed. 03/14/17. 10:15am
After the break Howard said he thinks he's ready to start news. Fred played Robin into it with a song parody about her boobs.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It's an absolute shame that Fred and Manson never tag-teamed on anything.

It would have been glorious.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
There's this thing on the app called "Friday Night Farts."

It's absolutely hysterical. They started with the 2001 theme (from 1/9/06) and then they went into someone who smelled farts from way back and then did a "Happy Birthday" fart song...and here's Will the Farter and his mom.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
So here's what I want to know. As we know, Howard tries to keep certain things off the air for good reason. We have at least three people in this "circle of mystery." Obviously, Mr. X didn't want to be on the radio, so he wasn't mentioned other than by that title. He made it into the studio a couple times, but he always wore a mask. Howard's kids aren't mentioned a lot either. We know very little about all three.

But...what do we know about his buddy Pat? All we really hear of this guy is "I was out to dinner with my buddy Pat" and then the discussion moves on...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Remember Friday Night Farts? It was supposed to be a weekly special on Howard 101, starting in October.

...there was only one episode.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Metallica needs to come back into the studio, if only to have Richard drum and MfB do the Marianne Faithful part from The Memory Remains.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Allegiance To Broadway aired tonight (still yet to air in mountain and pacific timezones.)

It tells the story of the creative process behind the play and what it took to get the play to a NY stage. It shows a bit of opening night and even has a brief (10 second) clip of the KOAM talking about how awesome George is.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
NBC is airing their SNL Christmas episode right now. They just aired the Schweddy Balls skit.

Did Howard ever rant about this? I'm pretty sure if he said those exact words, it would have been bleeped to smithereens...and he's totally right.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
NBC is airing their SNL Christmas episode right now. They just aired the Schweddy Balls skit.

Did Howard ever rant about this? I'm pretty sure if he said those exact words, it would have been bleeped to smithereens...and he's totally right.
SNL airs late at night, so there's that. You do have a point, but I think the magic of that skit is how they took a collection of harmless words, and put them together to make strong innuendo, without being outright obscene. I mean, there was nothing subtle about Howard using the terms "anal" and "oral".

While we're talking about that skit, it amazes me that they all kept a straight face. Those are 3 real comedy pros.

Reactions: HecticArt

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
SNL airs late at night, so there's that. You do have a point, but I think the magic of that skit is how they took a collection of harmless words, and put them together to make strong innuendo, without being outright obscene. I mean, there was nothing subtle about Howard using the terms "anal" and "oral".

While we're talking about that skit, it amazes me that they all kept a straight face. Those are 3 real comedy pros.

There *was* a point when Tom and others would have bleeped the double entendre. Remember the bit in the movie with the "Match Game" segment? There's that, plus I'm also thinking post-Janet Jackson when Tom wasn't taking any chances. At one point, farts were being dumped because they were "too wet."

I can easily see Tom bleeping something as harmless as that.

But yeah, if that skit aired later in the show, that's probably how they got around it. I remember Howard begging to go on the air a bit earlier so he could get in one cuss word before 6am hit.

Manson did a bit about bands/artists being able to say the F-bomb on the radio. Of course, all those unedited songs got the bleep after the Super Bowl.

Check out this about keeping a straight face.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Did Howard mention the Grover (Sesame Street) possibly cussing clip?

I'd be surprised if he didn't. He's usually all about that kind of stuff.

Did Grover Drop the F-Bomb? Kids Weigh in on Viral Debate of Sesame Street Character's Language

This is that internet dress all over again. I hear the profanity, but I played the clip for my wife without explaining any context, and she did not. After explaining, she could make it out, but didn't really think it was said.