Washington Redskins Name Change?

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I'm offended by the Notre Dame Fightin Irish.

I'm Irish and the depiction of the little fightin, presumably drunk, Irishman pisses me the fugg off.

Hey, if we're gonna have standards, let's have them across the board.
I'm a drunk Irishman and i take offense! Does 5' 9 count as a leprechaun?

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
The Redskins could go back to their old logo used back in 1965-1969?

1064.gif
Loge is still copyright protected

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
At some point, they will change the name.
It will cost them a bit of money.
Fans will bitch and moan.
They will sell a a lot of new merch.
People will get used to it in a couple of seasons.
Eventually, they will forget it was ever an issue.

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
The name Oklahoma comes from the Choctaw phrase okla humma, literally meaning red people

What should we change the name of Oklahoma to?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
That's not arguing it's a serious question. What's the difference between Redskin and red people? We need to be consistent no?

I'm Hispanic, but I don't get offended by the term "Spic" or "Wetback". That doesn't mean other don't.

I consider myself retarded, but some people don't like that term & are trying to get people to stop using the term.

If some people don't like the word "Redskins", then by all means, we need to stop using the term.

That includes professional football teams ...

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
You consider yourself retarded? Why is that. There is nothing wrong with the word retarded if you are talking about someone who is retarded. Now calling someone a retard can be deemed offensive by some. I think too many people these days are overly sensitive. It's not a right to not be offended. Toughen up kids. Doesn't Harry Reid have better things to do than fuck with Dan Snyder?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
K. I'm 100% in agreement they the term wetback is an offensive word, and I don't condone it's use.

My question is this. As a tongue in cheek reference to our fine Canadian friends to the north, is it offensive to either our Mexican friends, or the Canadians to call them snowbacks?

Reactions: Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Stop arguing before they close the thread :)

You know semi there wouldn't be any arguing if certain people stuck to their words. This person has said time and time again they don't like sports. They don't follow sports. They made it known over and over again. Guess what they always post crap in the sports section and get called out for it. Over and over by different members. So WTF???

You guys that have been here for a while know that. It's kinda like this.... My question is say.. you don't like a movie and you made that known over and over why would you go see the sequel to that movie? I think some of us know the answer to that.

Semi you said it yourself. This person likes to take a dump in threads and let others clean it up. Guess I'll be banned for being honest.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Reactions: semipenguin

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Not closing the thread. Nobody is name calling.
Whatever level of sports fan a person is, this is a topic that is fair for everyone to have an opinion on.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Hey this is the closes thing to the NFC East thread, the only name calling most of us can agree to is the Dallas Cowgirls. :D

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I kinda like the name Washington Redhawks, I don't think nobody will get the teams mixed up with Seattle. Maybe the new generation will think when did Seattle get two franchise clubs.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
You know semi there wouldn't be any arguing if certain people stuck to their words. This person has said time and time again they don't like sports. They don't follow sports. They made it known over and over again. Guess what they always post crap in the sports section and get called out for it. Over and over by different members. So WTF???

You guys that have been here for a while know that. It's kinda like this.... My question is say.. you don't like a movie and you made that known over and over why would you go see the sequel to that movie? I think some of us know the answer to that.

Semi you said it yourself. This person likes to take a dump in threads and let others clean it up. Guess I'll be banned for being honest.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Sometimes it's better to close a thread than to let it get to the point where someone gets banned.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
The Most Popular Alternative Name For The Washington Football Team Is...

HuffPost, in partnership with YouGov, surveyed Americans about changing the Washington football team's moniker. A majority said that if they had to pick a new name, they liked "Washington Warriors" best. But only 21 percent of those polled said that the Redskins should change their name, while 62 percent said they should not.

The survey found some differences in how Americans of different political parties view the name. Only 5 percent of Republicans want it changed, while 20 percent of independents and 33 percent of Democrats said the same. Even among Democrats, though, 47 percent said the name should not be changed.

Reactions: semipenguin