Watch Out For That...

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Watch out for that wine!

I was at that grocery store last week, doing the shopping thing. You know.
Cart was full, only a couple of things left to pick up, so I pulled the cart over to check the list and not be in the middle of the aisle. It’s the polite thing to do.

I started to head off to my next stop, and felt a little bump against the cart. I looked down to see a stack of wine cases starting to tip over in slow motion.
When they hit the floor the crash was epic! Wine and glass everywhere!
The stack was 3 cases high, and 2 went over.
A lady was walking toward me with her cart and said “Oh no. Done that before.” I said “Clean up, aisle 34...” A stock boy was just around the corner. I apologized 4 or 5 times, and he shrugged it off and said not to worry about it. It sounded like it happens frequently. Then he ran off to get a mop.

I avoided that intersection, but from the far side of the store, I could see that there were at least 4 people working to clean it up. They even had the Zamboni out to deal with it. Fortunately, it was white wine not red.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The stack was actually in the cross-aisle. About 3 inches were sticking out into my aisle, but it was enough that I snagged it with the corner of my cart.

When I was checking out, the cashier was talking to the lady in front of me about it. He said it was a weird day and it was the 3rd cleanup they had to do during his shift. I fessed up and said it was my handiwork. I apologized again for making them do all of that work to clean it up. He was quick to tell me not to worry about it, but laughed and said in a fake stern voice "Don't let it happen again."

This is another positive thing about having to wear face masks in public. Nobody could recognize me.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Poor road design? That seems strange.
This was originally reported 8 days ago, but I didn't post it then, because I suspected it was anti-Asian backlash. There's been a restaurant or business there for decades, and there's always been a full intersection with traffic lights. But never any incidents until now.

However, they seem to have some answers, DWIs and such.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This was originally reported 8 days ago, but I didn't post it then, because I suspected it was anti-Asian backlash. There's been a restaurant or business there for decades, and there's always been a full intersection with traffic lights. But never any incidents until now.

However, they seem to have some answers, DWIs and such.
It seems to be a long way to go to trash ones own car to exercise ones hatred. Seems like a strange coincidence still.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Bummer they got caught, that was a smart idea...I guess not smart enough though.