We need another dance channel for 90s-00s

Discussion in 'Dance, Latin, Int'l' started by Bandit 5160, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 New Member

Right now we have BPM for current dance, and The Strobe covers everything from the 70 to the 90s. I think its time to add another dance channel. The Strobe could be 70s disco and 80s dance, while a new channel played the 90s and the first half of the 2000s, while BPM played everything newer than that. I know that I am dreaming, because SXM's bandwidth is all used up, and they would have to cut a channel to do this. But too much is covered by The Strobe now, and a new channel would be nice. They could name it anything: what's in a name?
  2. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

i'm all for more dance channels. that is all
  3. Steel Cranium

Steel Cranium Well-Known Member

Electronica/dance is probable the lowest priority on the SiriXM band. Just like this forum, it doesn't get that much interest. Better to have many classic rock stations. :confused:

This doesn't seem to be the only place. My cable provider (TW) just updated the software & lineup. The music channels have many rock and rap offerings, but only one dance/electonica station. They used to have more, but turned them over to alternative and classic.

Sirius had a unique product with Boombox, and Remix before that. Now, I don't even visit the dance channels - not even a preset anymore.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

All together now. . . (You knew I'd have to say it.)

"They need to bring Boombox back!"
  5. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Slutmobile = BANNED

amen!
  6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

This is the kind of thing that makes me glad I chose Slacker, and left XM before it really went to hell. Especially considering Slacker has 11 dance channels.
  7. flap_jackson

flap_jackson New Member

They have a pretty a pretty good lineup, and I'm expecially loving the Dance Pop chanel, but they don't even have a 90s/00s dance channel.
  8. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

And I will repeat your sentiment:

BRING BACK BOOMBOX NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm listening to one I built right now.
    The challenge I'm having is that it's hard to program one that really captures the feel of Boombox. I can get in the ballpark, but then all of the sudden some madonna or other flarfe will slip in. Maybe it's easier to control it when you're not using the free service, but I'm holding out just a little longer to subscribe.

Also, I'm not supposed to stream during work hours, and can't listen in my car or on the go. (I don't want an iPhone, and they don't have the app for Windows Mobile yet.)

Here we go, a really laid back Massive Attack tune just came on. It's good, but it's not Boombox.
  10. robhurlburt

slacker has zero dance shows though. thats all i listen to. to me, listening to techno unmixed is awfull.
  11. TSSMario

TSSMario New Member

I'd really like a channel that plays drum and bass, breaks, and dubstep.
  12. robhurlburt

i can get behind this for sure.

How about a hardhouse/hardstyle/anything hard channel. I know, I am getting gready
  13. TSSMario

TSSMario New Member

I think all of that could go under one channel.....d'n'b, breaks, hard trance, gabber.....anything thats more underground oriented instead of mega-club focused. I'd enjoy hearing some hard techno or acid trance follow up a tech-step set.
  14. AZDude

AZDude Member

Slacker has a Drum & Bass/Breaks channel. But for electronic dance music I listen to DI.FM. They have many different genres of EDM including a club hits channel for those that are not into the deeper stuff.