Wearing a military dress uniform to church....

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
This girl asked me to go to church with her this sunday. Now, even though I'm rather certain that I will burst into flames as soon as I walk into a church, she's pretty hot so I'm inclined to accept the invitation.
The weird thing is that she wants me to wear my ASUs (army dress uniform). Anyone have any experience with this? Any of you church goers see military wearing the dress uniforms?

To me, it sounds pretty gay.

Here's a pic of the blues:

army-9.jpg

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Although I don't live in a large military area, the only times I've seen soldiers wear their uniforms are when they are on leave and returning to their old church or are about to be deployed. In your situation, it's almost like wearing your work clothes. If you were a surgeon, would she want you to wear scrubs and a stethoscope?

BTW, I'm not trying to trivialize the military side of your position or your potential for deployment, etc. I just mean you're not like an average GI.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Although I don't live in a large military area, the only times I've seen soldiers wear their uniforms are when they are on leave and returning to their old church or are about to be deployed. In your situation, it's almost like wearing your work clothes. If you were a surgeon, would she want you to wear scrubs and a stethoscope?

BTW, I'm not trying to trivialize the military side of your position or your potential for deployment, etc. I just mean you're not like an average GI.

My work uniform is ACUs, not blues. Blues are for "formal" occasions.

This is my work uniform:

acu-pic04.jpg

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
acupic04k.jpg

um dude. "Integrated blouse.." in your work cloths, and your worried about looking gay in the dress blues?:rofl2:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
BF%20beer.jpg

There's the rest of the proof.
10-reasons-to-drink-beer-3.jpg

I had a few bottles of Chimay at my brothers last night. Those Belgian monks can brew!
Chimay.jpg

(Had the white label last night, but they are all good.)