Week Of 1/15: Live

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
At least this show will make it easier for me to catch up. I have zero interest in listening to a national traitor and an entitled hag who yells and throws tantrums like a baby while at work.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
At least this show will make it easier for me to catch up. I have zero interest in listening to a national traitor and an entitled hag who yells and throws tantrums like a baby while at work.

Huh??

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

DTlJXWjX0AAXGJM.jpg

hanoijane.jpg

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

Well then, I will gently advise that you don't know wtf you're talking about, and leave it at that. Because 1 of the figures posted in this thread most certainly did commit treason, the other absolutely did not.

And keep in mind, you brought this up.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I don't understand how this is not clear.

Traitor: Fonda - Decided to go and literally take glamour shots with the enemy during wartime. Maybe treason is slightly exaggerated but not by much.

Cry Baby: Tomlin - Like Bale and many others she has a documented freakout on set. When millionaire actors do shit like that at a job every one else in the world would be delighted to have, I loose all respect for them.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
And to make myself clear, by "figures", I'm not referring only to the 2 people you pictured, but to all the people mentioned or referenced in this discussion.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
In the very beginning of the interview, Howard makes a heartfelt monologue about how Jane Fonda is his hero, and that he's honored to meet her. He was nearly in tears.

If you have any respect for Howard's thoughtful and educated opinion, and want to get an un-politicized perspective on what Fonda did, you should listen. But if you like being an ignorant sheep, don't listen.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
JHDK!! And on the week of a successful Eagles win. I don't agree with the traitor bit. Those poor bastards needed a bit of a hot chick break I'd say. Tomlin's rage tape is one of my favs. I don't want to be an actor cuz that shiz looks hard. Actors are under pressure for their performance by the money men, and for doing good work so they can work again. Is it nuclear bomb release pressure? No, but they're working with different people from set to set. Imagine in your job if your co-workers left and a new crew came in once a month. Hoffman: Shoot it, shoot it. Tomlin: oh you shut the fuck up too!!!

Love it. Wasn't that a real crapper of a movie too?

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Come on now Scotch.
What I'm trying to say (in a less confrontational way) is that, as a fan of Howard, you should at least listen to what he has to say, because he's a thoughtful person who comes from that generation.

And as an accomplice to actual treason, I don't understand why you would carry such strong views on what Jane Fonda did.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
No political reasons this time but I'm just not interested in listening to Bon Jovi again. It will be another FF for me this morning.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
No political reasons this time but I'm just not interested in listening to Bon Jovi again. It will be another FF for me this morning.
I skipped him too. Heard the part about his musical influences, then turned it off. There's just nothing interesting I'd expect him to say.