Week of 10/7: Live from LA!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
LIVE on Howard 100 at 11am ET, 8am PT.

"Are you ready to get this party started?"

I suspect this won't be as epic as the last on-air trip to LA which was:

Monday: A taped show which originally aired live on Las Vegas radio during the Super Bowl, where they played Blackjack For A New Rack.

Tuesday - Thursday: Shows taped the previous night from the E! studios and aired live on LA radio.

Friday: Same concept, but from the Playboy Mansion. (If they ever do on-demand archives, this is one show I'm checking out.)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Today:
Ronnie going wild and Jimmy Kimmel, Adam Levine, Robert Downey Jr. and Jennifer Aniston all stopped by.

Tomorrow:
"Howard said they will be back tomorrow. He said JD will be smoking weed for the first time tomorrow. He said he'll be doing that with Snoop Dogg and Seth Rogen. Howard had JD make an appearance. JD showed his face and said he has never smoked before. Jennifer told him to pace himself. JD said Jimmy (Kimmel) told him to just take a couple of hits."

Last edited:
Reactions: scotchandcigar

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
This is my first or second time I caught the show live from the beginning. And I turn it on at 8 and they've been on for an hour alrelady.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This is my first or second time I caught the show live from the beginning. And I turn it on at 8 and they've been on for an hour alrelady.

It was a similar situation for me, only I was able to take the app back to the beginning of the show.

Howard said they were all sitting around, doing nothing, so he decided to start the show early. They went from 10:35 to 3:10 or about 4 hr, 35 mins. If they started at 7am, it would have meant an end time of about 11:35am. If it felt like a longer show, it had anywhere from 60-90 minutes extra.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I listened to Governor Arnold this morning. Not sure if it was from today (live) or yesterday. Anyway, I'm amazed that he (the real guy) sounds exactly like the impressionists.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Wow, the show is in LA? Is the this first time they did a remote since the last Vegas trip?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I listened to Governor Arnold this morning. Not sure if it was from today (live) or yesterday. Anyway, I'm amazed that he (the real guy) sounds exactly like the impressionists.

Yesterday was live during the times I mentioned. Today started at 11am. What you heard today was a replay from yesterday.

And yeah... Fake Arnold and real Arnold are similar. It reminds me of when Gene Simmons came in and Craig Gass did his Gene impression and then Gene did an impression of Craig's Gene.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Wow, the show is in LA? Is the this first time they did a remote since the last Vegas trip?

I think it is, based on what someone said on-air. I think the last remote was what I posted above.

Bubba and Ferrall would do remotes on a regular basis (I was in the audience for a live Ferrall remote), but I think this is the first time Howard has been live since the Super Bowl, E! studios, Playboy Mansion trip.

Reactions: JHDK

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I missed a lot of the Snoop interview, but I was surprised to hear that someone else rolls Snoop's weed.

Then again, the guy is probably stoned 24/7.

Tomorrow's guests:
A major musical guest
A first-timer to THSS.

Last edited:

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
So today I started the show live!! Loved the jd smoke trip bit. I was in la two week before that shop opened up. Ronnie is a real party drinking or smoking.

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
Clearly, Howard's fear of moving the show is unfounded. Two very good shows this week. Seth Rogan and Snoop together was fun. That doesn't happen in New York. Same old Howard was getting more stale by the day.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Monday was so good. Yesterday was so bad. I know from the other comments it's so much a matter of personal taste. But Jennifer Anniston, Jimmy Kimmel and Robert Downey Jr. one wonderful day and then the next day endless hours of the wonders of weed (might have had some bite if hypochondriac Howard had joined in) and the contrived, distasteful (Howard is such an embarrassing voyeur) Brent getting fucked story with air whore Shuli lurking.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
There is absolutely zero way Howard is passing a joint or bong around a room.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard is on Jimmy Kimmel right now. It's pretty good.
Didn't care for the extended therapy session with Demi.
Exactly. Basically Howard verbally hovered over Demi interrupting and psychoanalyzing everything she said. Do you think he actually read her book as he claimed to have done, repeatedly? That would have taken time and interfered with his painting and TV watching. At one point, he expressed his anger at Demi's mother who had given her boyfriend a key to her house. Said boyfriend proceeded to rape Demi. Howard: "And at that time you had not had much to do with boys, right?" Demi: "Well Howard, I was not a virgin."

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Exactly. Basically Howard verbally hovered over Demi interrupting and psychoanalyzing everything she said. Do you think he actually read her book as he claimed to have done, repeatedly? That would have taken time and interfered with his painting and TV watching. At one point, he expressed his anger at Demi's mother who had given her boyfriend a key to her house. Said boyfriend proceeded to rape Demi. Howard: "And at that time you had not had much to do with boys, right?" Demi: "Well Howard, I was not a virgin."
Some people think that his delving, commenting, summarizing, and armchair quarterbacking is what gets the subject to reveal more. But it does seem an awful lot like getting in the way and editorializing.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard is on Bill Maher Friday 10/11. He's on Ellen on Monday.

With that said... Expect Howard to be live on 10/21. His last time off was Labor Day and the two weeks prior. This matches up with last year's schedule.

After next week, it's Thanksgiving week and the two weeks at the end of December. He's had these three weeks off for 20+ years.