Week Of 12/3: Live!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Dec 3, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Howard talked about growing up.

Bobo called in from the stupid room and everyone wanted him off the air. He went to Downtown Disney and became cconvinced that rock is not dead after Adam Levine said it was.

Brent came in and talked about how rock isn't dead.

Bobo wrote about ten "super-lame" ideas for the show, which he probably did in his stupid room.

Next week...Family Feud between Tan Mom's family and Medicated Pete's family.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    JHDK likes this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

and how Neil Degassed Tyson wanted to explore the cosmos in some woman Uranus. :laugh:

3. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Whenever Howard starts with the "rock is dead" crap, I wish he'd just retire. If he wasn't such a big name, and SiriusXM wasn't so poorly run, they'd have something to say about him making comments like that on a service that provides dozens of rock channels. Half of the top 10 touring acts this past year were rock bands. Go to a Muse arena concert, or Pearl Jam, or Lollapalooza, or Bonaroo, or Coachella, or SXSW, and see if anyone's there.

Howard was associating with the music scene a long time ago; but ever since the 80s, he's been losing touch. Now, he doesn't want to admit that he's been out of touch, so he creates a fantasy world, wherein the music scene has gone to shit.

And yes, I'm well aware that the music scene today is different than that of the 70s, because of the internet, and streaming, and downloadable music, and broadband TV, and youtube, and podcasts etc.

I heard a bit of the conversation with Brent and KOAB (I stopped listening when I realized Howard was completely stomping all over it). Rock music is mostly favored by white males. Wow, what a revelation. This is why I don't listen much anymore.

4. kryptonite

Heck, the SiriusXM Facebook pages still get comments about the whole Turbo/Faction swap and how a lot of those rock channels could probably merge.

Pearl Jam is an odd story. They haven't really toured much since about 2003. They do these crazy "on/off" spurts. When they tour, each one of their shows is a mini-UN situation with all the fans from all over the world. Shows in London and Poland will get people from Brazil, Australia and the USA. A festival in Australia will get people from almost any continent just to see Pearl Jam.

When they announce tours, they may announce February/March in Australia the previous October. They'll then announce 12 European dates in June/July in April. Finally, they'll announce an August/September tour through the USA in June.

This format wreaks all sorts of havoc on ticket sales. It's like Black Friday every time their tickets go on sale. Luckily, their format of fan club ticket sales changed so that people don't have to F5 the website for ten hours just to see "sold out" when they finally see the first ordering screen.

Meanwhile, other rock bands announce mega-tours with tickets on sale more than six months in advance. Fans stay closer to home when bands don't announce "mini-legs" 3-4 months in advance.

Pearl Jam needs to take note...but they've always done things their own way.

5. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

They did 2 consecutive nights at Fenway Park this year. I have nephews (who are 10 club fans) who went to both shows. But they played there about 2 years ago too. And Foo Fighters have been doing Fenway every year. But I just picked Pearl Jam off the top of my head as a band who plays arenas and sells out in 5 seconds every time. And Muse is well known for playing big arenas. The Black Keys are another high-demand act. Other big touring acts are the Stones, Springsteen, McCartney, Guns n Roses, and U2.

6. kryptonite

You're right...but it would be interesting to see what would happen if they toured more often and didn't announce ticket sales individually by continent with several months in between each one.

7. kryptonite

Howard is talking about next week...which is a true rarity.

People saying wrong stuff on the air is always a good one.

8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

WTF is Ralph calling in, I can't frickin stand the douche. He nothing but a free loading bitch, who sucks Howard dick.

9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I thought yesterday show was really good. I enjoyed making fun of Bobo and the gay sex segment with Michael Rapaport.

10. kryptonite

Agreed. He adds nothing. He's time-filler.

Taking this out of context like one of those audiobooks. Hiyoooo! :laugh:

Wolf likes this.
  11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

How do you know, you have a camera in my house? :p

12. kryptonite

Howard is talking about beating off after the Sonny and Cher Show.

Fred is on FYYYY-AHHH with Mission Impossible theme.

13. kryptonite

I just heard the transition from the live plugs into the replay. They're not lying. It starts right away...no commercials, nothing other than a brief bumper.

14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Just watch the Tan Mom music video and WTF? I like the song, but the video is whack.

15. sadchild

sadchild Dude

Howard explained several times in great detail how he put so much effort into not making a sound walking to and from his room to the bathroom to dispose of his used tissues by flushing them.

But wait... flush them? Wouldn't that make a lot of noise? What toilet, especially in the 1960s, was quieter than tiptoeing down the hall?

16. kryptonite

Yeah, that makes no sense. Just play the "I have to pee" card...but even that can only be played once per night.

17. sadchild

sadchild Dude

And if you have to pee, don't feel like you have to tiptoe. People are gonna hear the flush anyway.

[​IMG]

HecticArt likes this.
  18. sadchild

sadchild Dude

Howard: "Can a trumpet be out of tune?"
    Fred: "Oh yeah!! Just ask Gary..."

#classicfredzinger

[​IMG]

kryptonite likes this.
  19. kryptonite

Especially if it's a hotel room, where there is probably some federal law that the toilet has to be significantly louder than any other.

HecticArt likes this.