Week of 12/7: Live!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Jeff the Bore called in and Shuli goofed on him. Some Covid vaccine talk in which Robin volunteered to take the vaccine, "Donald Trump" called in and we still don't have a new contract. Captain Janks called in and Howard and Beth also decorated his parents' house...well, Beth did most of it. Howard had steam coming out of his ears.

Five shows left. Two this week and three next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadchild

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
The wife loves that port authority homeless lady song. Rolling on the floor. So now what? Answer by Wednesday? I gotta know so I can not pay for sirius in my car.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The wife loves that port authority homeless lady song. Rolling on the floor. So now what? Answer by Wednesday? I gotta know so I can not pay for sirius in my car.

Speaking of homeless ladies, I wonder what happened to the original homeless lady.

Yeah. I bet we get it this week so we can get on to releasing Robin's bra next week.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I always like it when they do 'Cleaning Out The Computer'. The angry political guy segment was great.

This time, they actually did it. Last time they did so, it was mentioned they had something in there for a year or whatever it was.

And yes, we get five more years. The fans know this will mean at least one week off per month...but they'll still complain.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Five more years. If you don't count the two weeks at the end of the year...from first live show to last live show:

19 years, 11 months, 9 days from first day at WXRK to the FM Farewell Show

20 years, 29 days from 1/9/06 to the last day of his new contract.

Reactions: sadchild

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
20 years?!?@ Damn. When he signed on the first time I never thought of how long it would go. This contract surprised me.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
20 years?!?@ Damn. When he signed on the first time I never thought of how long it would go. This contract surprised me.

I honestly thought it'd be a five year victory lap, then hand things to Bubba. Bubba gets the time slot he would want, then maybe his spinoff shows and a lot of Howard tapes.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
My first thought was happiness of five more years...then I realized Mark's Friggin just got screwed. The moment Howard retires, Mark is essentially free to get a better job, etc.

The good news for him, if there's any, is that Howard has gone to his repeats being stuff Mark already wrote up. For a while, Mark would go back and fill in details or write things up as if the show was live, but those days are no more.

And I know Mark has talked about pulling the plug. The site won't be around forever.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I wonder if Beetlejuice knows how long five years is.

"I don't know! About 10 minutes, foo! What you take me for, an idiot?"

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
You missed him hating on howard. He doesn't know how much hate he has in his heart for 35 of poundings he's taken. I would have retired yesterday.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Tata Toofy? Why? What'd I miss?
While Howard was sharing the good news of re-signing with SXM, and people were congratulating him, Gary mentioned there was a lot of negative feedback by people on Facebook about the news. He said he mentioned it to provide content for the show, but Howard and Robin felt he could have waited, not mentioned it while they were still celebrating. Gary went on to say it was the idea of a writer, who passed it on to the head writer, who then passed it on to Gary. But Jason chimed in to say Gary simply wasn't following protocol.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
While Howard was sharing the good news of re-signing with SXM, and people were congratulating him, Gary mentioned there was a lot of negative feedback by people on Facebook about the news. He said he mentioned it to provide content for the show, but Howard and Robin felt he could have waited, not mentioned it while they were still celebrating. Gary went on to say it was the idea of a writer, who passed it on to the head writer, who then passed it on to Gary. But Jason chimed in to say Gary simply wasn't following protocol.

The same people who hate Howard because he's evolved and takes too much time off would find him creepy if he was playing Butt Bongo with 27-year-old lesbians.

They also need to realize they're paying for so much more than just one channel....and if they want the old stuff, there's plenty in the afternoons on 101. Saturday PM on Howard 101 is a gold mine of old stuff.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

Michael Rapaport with a hidden reference to anyone who has listened to the show lately.