Week Of 3/4: Live!

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Bobo called in and some people called in and gave their opinions... Then HPE called in and he's about to be evicted. Is he running for president because he loves the country or needs a place to live? He says it's the first reason.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm not surprised that Robin doesn't know Baby Shark.

Tomorrow? Richard takes wine up his butt.

Last edited:

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
What's going on with the Rocky loves Largo bits? Is this a Howard production? If so, it's an example of the contrast between the genius Howard who can riff for four hours and be funny as hell and the low brow Howard who produces unfunny bits. Say it ain't so.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm not even sure how this Largo thing got started or what it even is.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
What happened to Frampton?

He was in from about 8:50 to about 9:50.

...which is a bad side-effect of the new show format. Starting at 7 gives more people a chance to call in during the "various stuff" portion of the show, but how many people can listen to the live interview portion?

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
There are more pre-planned bits now than ever I think. Lots of discussions lead right into a perfectly curated joke song. And the guy who lampoones everyone also seem like pre-planed bits, but they are often hilarious. I can't beat down on preparation or pre-promotion though. The show does feel less random than 10 years ago but I'm nearly sure lots of callers are more programmed and preselected for their con. When you hear king on multiple sirius shows later in the afternoon and he doesn't have that hard core new york black dude affect and sounds like a reasonable person, well.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
And I'm sure KOAB goes by his regular name or a different air-name, whatever.

But yeah, a lot of the random stuff seemed to be something like "Elegant Elliot Offen is on the street, muttering about something. John, go down there and figure out what's up."