Week of 6/22: Live!

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
We have one more week of live shows before the July 4th vacation of two weeks off.

Howard wants to dump his archives of all the stuff he's collected over the years. Charlize Theron came in and Bobo can't say "epicenter."

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
On today's WUS, they played Rasaan's first time on the show, as well as Booey's. I didn't realize he came from Scott Ferrall, but I thought I remembered him on there. (I didn't listen to much from 2010-2015.)

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Naw, I flipped it on the other day and it was just old clips.
Then again, with the current shows barely being over three hours and the replay immediately after, a west coast feed doesn't make much sense, especially considering the app allows for starting the show at the beginning. You can wake up at 6:30am PT, start the show from the beginning and skip through the commercials. With as hard as they've been promoting the app, how many people are regularly listening via a "plug and play" or "portable" radio?

And yeah, I noticed that when they went to the 7am start time in 2015, the west coast feed didn't change. It still started at 6am PT.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Along with all that stuff, early in to the bunker shows, I noticed that they stopped the preshows with the 3-4 bits and the song.

Preshow
West Coast Feed
Robin's News

Howard mentioned they made a decision to stop the news since it gets talked about during the show (Coronavirus and politics), but there's definitely other stuff going on.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Hmm, I've noticed that when I rewind back to the start of the show there are no commercials? Plug and play or portable, I still use a portable but the app too, are still being used. Plus built in units in cars can't pause or record.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Hmm, I've noticed that when I rewind back to the start of the show there are no commercials? Plug and play or portable, I still use a portable but the app too, are still being used. Plus built in units in cars can't pause or record.
Weird. I may have to pay more attention.