Week Of 8/14: Live

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard's cat died, Robin had a birthday and got some windchimes. More than that today, including Caitlyn Jenner's audiobook.

MFBrooklyn won $10k for Bianca's Furry Friends.

David Letterman later in the week for a long-planned interview to promote his new Netflix show.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
This is funny but sad. For some reason, I tuned in to hear about Howard's cat dying and thought it was a repeat, for some reason. I tuned out.

I began to doubt myself. I tuned back in to hear about Robin's wind chimes. Figured it was definitely a repeat, so I tuned out again.

I want to remain a fan. I really do.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Today's show is one of those that Koop will probably love, but had no interest for me. It started with an hour about a cat, and included MFB talking about a rescue group.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard's voice was breaking a bit as he went through his list of deceased animals. He lamented about "all the time I put in" for the most recently deceased cat. It was really hard to take for me. For some reason, it's worse when he mentions the grieving Beth. RE the $10,000 that MFB donated to the Bianca's Furry Friends fund: it was not exactly pure charity. Some fan of the show offered the money as a prize for doing something. However, the prize had to go to an animal charity. Could not go into the winner's pocket.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This is funny but sad. For some reason, I tuned in to hear about Howard's cat dying and thought it was a repeat, for some reason. I tuned out.

I began to doubt myself. I tuned back in to hear about Robin's wind chimes. Figured it was definitely a repeat, so I tuned out again.

I want to remain a fan. I really do.

FWIW, you know it's live when the phone number is on the screen.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I skip ahead the moment I hear her voice. I'm basing what she said on the comment above. My point was that it was another pet charity segment.

Exactly. I know she can't help it, but I'm not sure I'd use the word "talking" to describe her on the phone.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I rarely FF through any parts of the show besides guests but the minute cat talk starts I race to the FF button.

I love cats and I love Howard but put the 2 together and it's a recipe for boredom and unfunny, un-entertaining content.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I enjoyed the JD hour on Monday and I see there was another hour today.

I like how he implied that his in-laws are listeners. It's funny to think of them listening to him trying to describe their weekend together.

JD Harmeyer Loves Bette Midler in ‘Hello, Dolly’ but Can’t Say the Same About His Recent Camping Trip

55-41845-jd-harmeyer-camping-tent-header-700-hss-1502731863.jpg

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
2 observations I enjoyed so far this week:

1. There has been Bubba talk on both Monday's and Tuesday's shows.

2. He may have been doing this forever but I just noticed that when JD comes in studio the EDM theme song Fred plays has a backing track of a guy playing spoons. Haha!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
From today's David Letterman interview:

"Dave asked Howard how much vacation he's taken so far. Howard said he had a week but he has 2 more coming up soon. Howard said Jimmy Kimmel will be coming over for a few days. "

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
How was Dave?

I only heard the first few minutes. I can usually pause/close the app and it will restart where it left off, but not today. I've been listening to them bust Ronnie (post-Dave) over the whole movie thing.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I'm enjoying the app stern show. Pull up any chunk easily, but the rewind fast forward slide is totally limp dicked. Tuesday's ronnie ball bust session was overlong but after a bong rip it was like 2004 was back and ronnie was getting the escalade limo busting or the petcock busting. I was dying.