Week of 8/19: Live!

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
John the Stutterer retired from the show. Shuli tried to call him through the years. Wendy quit the show yesterday because Howard and nobody cares about her and she's treated like crap and Howard also gave an update on Angry Alice.

Also...John Goodman came in and Brent refuses to get a flu shot.

Angry Alice asking about how Tan Mom is doing...she got angry when she found out Tan Mom is almost as dark as she is.

Last edited:

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
And I pulled a Booey.

Howard is off this week and next week. Back the day after Labor Day.

Today was still a good day of replays though.

It's weird how they now edit the replays together to flow like a regular show. It had me confused all day.

• Haha
Reactions: scotchandcigar

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Had me going too. I reversed to the beginning being a west coaster, but it seemed more like a new show than not. This one got me though. I saw john goodman and then knew it was a replay.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
One of the bits was Howard insisting that Richard was gay and that it was unfair to straight women for Richard to claim he was straight. Somehow reminds of the days... maybe more than 15 years ago... when Howard insisted Gary was unhappy in his marriage and wanted to get divorced although he would not admit it. This went on and on. Howard wanted everyone to be as unhappy as he was. How about the time when Howard said he bet he could say something that would get Gary angry. The thing he said was that Gary was getting it on the side when he went on the road with those staff shows (that were later forbidden). Gary said he was not mad, just sad because that kind of statement hurts his family. Howard is pretty cold when you get right down to it although he keeps these guys and they seem to love him.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
One of the bits was Howard insisting that Richard was gay and that it was unfair to straight women for Richard to claim he was straight. Somehow reminds of the days... maybe more than 15 years ago... when Howard insisted Gary was unhappy in his marriage and wanted to get divorced although he would not admit it. This went on and on. Howard wanted everyone to be as unhappy as he was. How about the time when Howard said he bet he could say something that would get Gary angry. The thing he said was that Gary was getting it on the side when he went on the road with those staff shows (that were later forbidden). Gary said he was not mad, just sad because that kind of statement hurts his family. Howard is pretty cold when you get right down to it although he keeps these guys and they seem to love him.
I remember that whole thing, but I didn't catch whether it was true what he said about Gary (I assume his wife knew, if it was true). There have been times over the years, where I was sure that Fred was going to quit. Howard's said some really nasty things to him.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I remember that whole thing, but I didn't catch whether it was true what he said about Gary (I assume his wife knew, if it was true). There have been times over the years, where I was sure that Fred was going to quit. Howard's said some really nasty things to him.
Of course Fred did walk out one of those times, years ago, when Howard tried to emasculate him. Gary or someone else had to run after him.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Meanwhile on Sternthology today... Memories of Roosevelt HS from 2001, High School Habits from 1989, HS Reunion from 1994, Howard's childhood friend from 1994, Howard's HS friend from 1994 and newer stuff.

I don't know if they go this deep on a regular basis, but this is well done.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Listened to the John Goodman interview from 2016. To me , it was a different Howard. He was so "ON" in that interview, so rapid fire. Loved it when he jumped on Goodman for forgetting the last name of h is co-star in 10 Clvoerfield Land. Loved the way he kept extending thei interview because he was having so much fun. And Goodman knew just enough about the show to "get it" and go toe to toe with Howard Today's Howard is the constantly disappointed Howard., a less fun Howard. Still a genius and still unmatched but diferent. Even his voice and delivery are different. Anyone hear the interview and get the same feeling?