Weeks of 3/8 and 3/15: Wackapedia

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard is off this week and it smells like he's off next week as well. In past years, the March break was only one week, but this is the first year of a new contract and Jon Hein says they'll continue Wackapedia next week on 101. (It's possible that they'll tie Wackapedia in with their regular Sternthology.)

In the afternoons on Howard 101, we'll get deep dives into the Wack Pack. Today, they started off by talking about Irene the Leather Weather Lady. A caller said the original Wack Packer was a guy named Froggy. Booey said he's not the original, but an early.

Booey said Bo the Lesbian was one of the originals from 1985. There weren't any at DC 101.

Froggy was an extreme caller who asked questions that he wrote down on lists....but Froggy died a long time ago.

Booey mentioned about what happened to Celeste...he wonders, but has no idea.

This guy Jerry brought them Gina Man and Gina Girl.

Siobhan, Becky the Mental Patient, Angry/Crazy Alice all are getting on-air love.

Eventually Captain Janks and Fred The Elephant Boy came in.

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I've been listening since about 97 or so and have no idea about many of those Wack Packers. I know Gina Man and Gina Girl. I think the first ones I know of from listening live are ones like Daniel Carver and Joe Cancer.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Today's WUS is starting with the origin story of Eric the Ack-tor. They played his call from when he called in to defend Kelly Clarkson and now the hate/anger/rage when he wouldn't fly with balloons.

And even last year, his influence continues with David Blaine using balloons to fly across the Grand Canyon.

And now Jon:
"...when a kid from Eric's past called in..."
"...five words that live in infamy....

"That little motherfucker's a gangster."

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Oh God....

Blue Iris on the Sybian on 101. "I'm gonna take off my panties. I don't want to get them wet."

Artie cringe-laughing.

Artie: "You wanna put on your enormous panties?"

Booey described them as a slingshot.

Last edited:

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
I've been listening since about 97 or so and have no idea about many of those Wack Packers.

Same

Irene the Leather Weather Lady - only from Private Parts
Froggy - no
Bo the Lesbian - no
Celeste - vaguely
Gina Man and Gina Girl - no
Siobhan - vaguely
Becky the Mental Patient - no
Angry/Crazy Alice -yes
Captain Janks - yes
Fred The Elephant Boy - yes
Daniel Carver - yes
Joe Cancer - yes
Eric the Ack-tor - yes
Blue Iris - yes

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
On Thursday's Sternthology, they played Beetlejuice naming state capitols from 2001. (He had a earpiece in.)

Howard: "What's the state capitol of Alaska?"
Beetlejuice: "Juneaus."
Howard: "That's what I have...a Jew nose."

Later on in the same segment, someone called in and said that he saw Howard out in the city at some restaurant with his girlfriend supporting restaurants (this was after 9/11) and the usual talk about how beautiful Beth was... I assume this was Beth...but it reminded me of when Howard used to go to Nobu.

Even after COVID, I think those days are done

Reactions: sadchild