Well It's Flooding Down In Texas...

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Tried to go to Dairy Queen today. It was closed, but I found some fish in the parking lot:

0830171223d.jpg

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
My mom's assisted living home is closed for at least a week. She's in a nursing home until then. The Brazos is flooded and won't crest for another day. A bunch of my co-workers had to evacuate that area and won't know if they will lose their homes until it crests. A few blocks north of my house all of the homes took water. 35,000 people are in shelters. At least 20 are dead.

But yesterday I got to go to work after being inside for four days. The sun was out. It was breezy and cool. I dropped the top and played Rancid really loud. It was intoxicating.

When I got home I went for a bike ride. Between my allergies, the eclipse trip and Harvey I hadn't been on a bike in two and a half weeks. It felt so good to move. My route is lined with flooded houses. The carpets, wood flooring and furniture were all dragged out to the curb.

Memegirl was riding out the storm in Anderson, TX. She came back to town last night. We picked her up and went to her favorite noodle joint. We made each other laugh all night. Mrs. Bag's building is closed until next week, so she stayed home and cleaned yesterday. When we got home from dinner Memegirl was excited to get to sleep in a real bed again, but one of our cats had thrown up a mountain of vomitus right in the middle of her freshly laundered bed. We just laughed and laughed.

We are some lucky MF-ers.