We're All Going to Die

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
This is strange. Is the military supposed to arrest any COVID-19 spores that attempt to sneak across the border into the United States and throw them into a detention center?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
You all have to understand that I'm not the curve-flattener I used to be. But I will share a sweet, soft, soothing statistic instead of the usual death counts: According to the Worldometers.info site, only 2,122 of the 82,214 active cases of coronavirus in the United States are considered "serious" or "critical." See? Things aren't so bad, now are they?

Reactions: scotchandcigar

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Ya, very few are dying, many make it the hospital and survive, the majority get but barely know they have it, minor symptoms, and the rest haven't gotten it. A couple friends who live together got the virus and it has lasted for 14 days.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Ya, very few are dying, many make it the hospital and survive, the majority get but barely know they have it, minor symptoms, and the rest haven't gotten it. A couple friends who live together got the virus and it has lasted for 14 days.
More and more, people in their 30s and 40s who get it, are posting videos online, and some of them are not doing well. They can't breathe, or they have a horrible bronchitis-like cough. Who knows what underlying health issues they had, and the ones I see are cherry-picked. But I don't want to get it and pass it to others.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Nobody wants to get it and pass it to others. Here in California, schools, courthouses, restaurants, theaters, libraries, parks, piers, gyms, fitness centers, sports arenas and non-essential businesses are closed. Starting today, Department of Motor Vehicles offices are also closed. The so-called Golden State has turned into a Ghost Town State. There have now been 1,468 coronavirus deaths in the United States and 759 in the UK, where Prime Minister Boris Johnson, his health minister and his top medical adviser are all in self-isolation after testing positive for the virus. There have been 9,134 deaths in Italy, 4,934 in Spain, 3,292 in China, 2,378 in Iran, 1,696 in France and 26,504 worldwide.

A letter from a Michigan hospital system details who would get life-saving
resources if equipment runs short during the coronavirus pandemic

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Hey, I'm not causing the deaths. I'm just reporting them.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I want everyone to see that I'm trying to put a positive spin on the coronavirus statistics – and you all know I'm not the positive-spin-putter that I used to be. In the United States, 104,142 people have been infected with the coronavirus and 1,696 have died. That sounds bad but it works out to only five deaths per every 1,000,000 Americans. See? The pandemic isn't so bad after all.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
There are few other top stories during this. That's what scares me. It's either Mueller, obstruction, now Virus or just flat out Trump goofs. There's things going and we're missing it unless we're really plugged into solid journalism. To me it's not a big number, yet. I have underlying conditions so I'm home. Mostly. Gotta get food and TP.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Any word on if you’ll be able to keep working through this mess?

I got laid off because I can't be hard wired to the internet from home.

I can't file for unemployment until next week cause I made over $275 this week with my last check.

Oh and I just paid a $967 car insurance bill so that's great timing.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The worldwide coronavirus death toll is now 30,300. There have been 651,162 confirmed cases. The death toll is 10,023 in Italy, 5,812 in Spain, 3,295 in China, 2,517 in Iran, 2,314 in France, 1,943 in the US and 1,019 in the UK. Santa Anita race track in Arcadia, northeast of Los Angeles, has been holding races the past three weeks with no spectators allowed. Health Department officials yesterday said Santa Anita is a "non-essential business" and ordered the venue closed. Considering how many horses have died at Santa Anita in the past year, I think the track should be closed permanently.

Italy's coronavirus death toll passes 10,000. Many are asking why the fatality rate is so high.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That sucks! They can't install a hard wired connection at all, or just not fast enough?

It was too late. I was holding out hope of working over wifi but that simply isn't possible with the equipment they give you.

My plan is to sit around for a week and then get out there and look for a job. The boss said she may be able to hire me back when everyone goes back to the office but I'm not going to depend on that alone. I've been a manager for like 18 months now, I can get another gig.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Bummer. Good luck with it!
These things are changing soooo freaking fast that it's hard to plan for stuff. If you would have had a few extra days notice you might have been able to get it installed in time.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Apparently they expect the next hot spot to be New Orleans.
It was too late. I was holding out hope of working over wifi but that simply isn't possible with the equipment they give you.

My plan is to sit around for a week and then get out there and look for a job. The boss said she may be able to hire me back when everyone goes back to the office but I'm not going to depend on that alone. I've been a manager for like 18 months now, I can get another gig.
Are you not shelter in place? Hard to be job hunting in those conditions. Have you filed for unemployment?