We're All Going to Die

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Arizona Issues New Shutdown Order As Coronavirus Cases Spike

In an about-face, Arizona's Gov. Doug Ducey has ordered the states bars, gyms, movie theaters and water parks to shut down for at least 30 days amid thousands of new coronavirus cases in the state.

Ducey issued the order Monday to go into effect from 8 p.m. local time, citing concern over a recent spike in new cases – including a one-day record of more than 3,800 in the state on Sunday. It was the seventh time in the past ten days that new cases in Arizona exceeded 3,000

I haven't gone tubing in years and that is a fun getaway but always crowded.

Can't they just pee on themselves at home?
I mean, they would have to wear their masks, but with some practice, I bet they can get up to 6 feet.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Anybody who understood Australia's weather in January & February would know that is not true.

Typically cold and flu slow down spread in spring and summer since people go outside more. This virus isn't the same. On the other hand the lockdown has meant people go outside less.
True. Couple that with the fact these idiots aren't wearing masks and refuse to keep any kind of distance from each other, they are just begging for things to get worse.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I think people don't understand what the worst effects look like. It's tough to get any camera shots in closed hospitals or health care management homes. I've only seen one background shot on the cbs 6:30 show. A person suffering while tubed up and white crusty lips did it for me. That should be running on it's own channel all day.

• Wow
Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That would have clinched it for me.
There were only a few photos or video clips from China and Europe early on that looked pretty rough, but not that graphic. They do need to show more of that stuff to try to wake people up.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
They spend so much time talking about asymptomatic people. Look when the NBA first postponed play because of the two Jazz players, back in March, one says he's still dealing with symptoms and his sense of smell is still not normal. It's a scary virus for the majority who have symptoms.

Think I want to feel feverish for a month? No thanks.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Louisiana had one of the worst starts with this virus. (Thanks Mardi Gras). Then we leveled off pretty good where we were down to maybe 300 cases a day. Last week we started up over 1000 daily. Yesterday 2083 new cases. Not trending well.

• Wow

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Two weeks ago Ohio was down to about 300 new cases per day from a high of around 600. We're around 825 now.

People stoopid.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
For seven months, we've heard nothing but bad news about the COVID-19 virus. Today there is finally some good news:

• Haha
Reactions: scotchandcigar

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Daaah! I had 4 ticekts too. What's he got 1 hit? And a lesser hit? Does he rock that big songs 3 times. One at the beginning, middle, and closer?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Canada too. Are masks mandatory up north, or are you Northerners just polite enough to wear one?

In the City of Toronto, they made masks mandatory on Tuesday if you are inside a public space or on public transit. Several other municipalities have also passed similar laws. But we have been social distancing since March pretty diligently. Out west they have even fewer cases than Ontario they have started opening up more. We are at stage 2 here. Restaurants are closed except for takeout or patio seating (that won't work in the winter). Barber shops are now open. Gyms, movie theatres and arenas are closed. Anybody coming into Canada needs to quarantine for 14 days. But the border is closed for the most part. Some provincial borders are closed. You get stopped going into Manitoba for instance.

Reactions: Aaron and HecticArt

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
We're #1, we're #1

Arizona is now No. 1 in the world for coronavirus but some Arizonans say it's no big deal

Arizona Is #1, Bahrain Is #4

I'm not getting scared, nervous or anything. But I am really watching it now. Soon we might as well live in a bubble.

rawImage.jpg

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Canada too. Are masks mandatory up north, or are you Northerners just polite enough to wear one?
Somewhere between required and recommended, it's a vague mandatory. Where I am, most people wear them, but over the line in NH (the south of the north), it's the Live Free and Die state, so motorcycle helmets optional, and masks optional.