We're All Going to Die

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
College Football may never be the same again.
Makes me wonder how many programs will still be around when it's all over, even the most popular Division 1 programs are hemorrhaging money in this crisis. The money they deal with you'd think playing football was the whole reason to go to college, for everybody!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'd say something about Germans denying things, but people won't like that.
Yea, my thought was along the lines of:

Nothing bad ever happens when a ton of angry Germans unite behind a ridiculous cause.

But I didn't think it worked well enough so I just posted the link.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
That happened in Georgia. A seven-year-old boy suffered a seizure while taking a shower and wound up dying of COVID-19. He had attended a church service and come in contact with two elderly people who also wound up dying of COVID-19. A certain person really needs to Quit. Playing. Doctor. He also needs to Just. Shut. Up.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Speaking of Georgia.....

260 students and 8 teachers quarantined in Georgia school district after first week of school

I saw that a kid who posted pics of the crowded hallways got suspended.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
My kid's school starts Monday. Two weeks of virtual learning for all students, then they will have in-class learning for half of the students on an alternating basis... as long as the state is in phase 2.

That seems like a real sh*tshow, so we went with virtual learning only for the foreseeable future.
That's smart. This ain't going away in the next couple of months.
If everyone gets their heads out of their asses, wears their damned masks, and stays away from people for a few lousy months, this will settle down till a vaccine is available. I'm betting that a vaccine isn't going to be ready for the masses till around February.

Reactions: Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My kid's school starts Monday. Two weeks of virtual learning for all students, then they will have in-class learning for half of the students on an alternating basis... as long as the state is in phase 2.

That seems like a real sh*tshow, so we went with virtual learning only for the foreseeable future.
We are in phase 3 here but the government wants to open the schools in September. They have a plan which a lot of people think is lacking.
  • Grades 9-12: alternate days. 1/2 sized classes. Masks mandatory.
  • Grades 4-8: Full classes. Masks mandatory.
  • Grades JK-3: Full classes. Masks optional but recommended.
If my kid was still in school I would pull him and do virtual. That is an option. Attendance is not mandatory. Right now public health has disproved the plan so we will see which branch of the bureaucracy has bigger clout. We don't start til Tuesday after Labour Day.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron