What Bands Do You Confuse With One-another?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
When I caught Dirty Looks doing "Oh Ruby" I thought is was early AC/DC that I had missed somewhere down the track. Oh and the video quality is total rubbish but you will get the drift when the vocals start.
I thought the same thing about the band JET the first time I had heard "Cold Hard Bitch", the guitars definitely had the sound!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
In 1994 I used to confuse Weezer with The Offspring all the time. They kinda sound alike, but I do like The Offspring more.
That's funny, because while I can see the similarity of a few songs, they've left very different marks in history. Weezer has had a long and varied career, which is still alive, while The Offspring are quintessentially a 90's era band, who are seldom heard outside that realm.

Reactions: semipenguin

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I see confusing the Kooks, Kaiser Chiefs, and Run Run Riot, but Spoon sounds pretty different to me. Maybe I haven't heard their stuff that sounds like the others though.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I see confusing the Kooks, Kaiser Chiefs, and Run Run Riot, but Spoon sounds pretty different to me. Maybe I haven't heard their stuff that sounds like the others though.
Yeah, the musical styles may be different - and consistently different. But there's a certain sound to the singer and instrumentation that mixes things up for me.

my favorite Spoon song

a good Kooks song

and the Kaiser Chiefs

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah, the musical styles may be different - and consistently different. But there's a certain sound to the singer and instrumentation that mixes things up for me.

my favorite Spoon song

a good Kooks song

and the Kaiser Chiefs

Good tunes. I forgot about that Spoon track. I can hear what you mean now. You can mix in a smidge of Kings of Leon with that too.

Sent from Tapatalk

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
First time I heard Sister Hazel, I thought maybe Blues Traveler had gone pop. Turns out, that was a frequent problem.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I use to get some of these bands mixed up with..

Nickelback, Theory of A Deadman and Shinedown

Sugar Ray - Maroon 5, possibly with the Gin Blossoms.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Once again, thanks for bumping this up. I realized that I forgot to mention one set of bands that I always mix up. Death Cab For Cutie and The Decemberists.

Reactions: Wolf