When is the confirmed date when and which CC stations going away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCW

Feb 9, 2012
WSIX (Channel 57)
WGCI (Channel 241)
Sixx Sense (Channel 242)
Extreme Talk (Channel 243)
America's Talk (Channel 244)

you will be missed !!!!:bigcry:

HCW

Feb 9, 2012
Not really= Free on iHeart and sound much, much better there than on Satellite!

Have you ever tried to stream a radio station when you are on the road ? It just isn't reliable and not everybody has unlimited data these days:bigahh:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Here's SXM's response to the upcoming changes:

-Talk Radio (Channel 246) is no longer available because SiriusXM and Clear Channel, the company that produces Talk Radio, agreed to reduce the number of Channels they supply under a revised agreement. For unfiltered political talk, you may enjoy POTUS on Channel 124; for conservative political talk, you may enjoy SiriusXM Patriot on Channel 125; and for liberal talk, you may enjoy SiriusXM Progress on Channel 127. Additionally, you may enjoy SiriusXM Stars, featuring celebrity and lifestyle shows, which can be found on Channel 106.

The reason I first purchased XM back in 2011 was because of the Extreme channel (Now extreme talk)

I went to Orlando on vacation and heard the "Monsters of the Midday" show and I loved it. When they mentioned they were on XM I purchased a XM radio when I got home from my vacation. Been a subscriber ever sense.

The Monsters are still on XM on the Extreme Talk channel, but not as good as they use to be.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
So, is anyone having any problems with the channel update this morning?

Reminder- Sirius radios now should have

Ch 11 KIIS-Los Angeles
Ch 12 Z100/NY
Ch 77 KIDZ BOP Radio
Ch 92 SiriusXM Sports Zone
Ch 312 Tom Petty's Buried Treasure

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
So, is anyone having any problems with the channel update this morning?

Reminder- Sirius radios now should have

Ch 11 KIIS-Los Angeles
Ch 12 Z100/NY
Ch 77 KIDZ BOP Radio
Ch 92 SiriusXM Sports Zone
Ch 312 Tom Petty's Buried Treasure

No problems with the update for me. I tried channel 92 Sports Zone. I've never listened to Dino Costo and wanted to see what his show was like but he had someone else covering for him today.

Kidz Bop is kind've cute.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
My radio did not smoke today. I will miss extreme talk, and the talk radio channel. Is the road dog trucking network gone then too??? Good to see Artie's show is still on ch. 92 though. I can deal.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
My radio did not smoke today. I will miss extreme talk, and the talk radio channel. Is the road dog trucking network gone then too??? Good to see Artie's show is still on ch. 92 though. I can deal.
Yea, it went pretty smoothly except my logos on my Lynx are still updating.

Road Dog is still on Ch 128

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Kind of dumb that the new Channel directory has channels that are believed to be gone (Like: Playboy in spanish (569), and UCB radio (406) but still list them.

With having the CC channels gone- but still have the info loop on satellite- does this still take up BW? and when the dust settles that all know that they are removed- The next phase in a few weeks will be more channels moved to 2.0?

HCW

Feb 9, 2012
XM is getting so many complaints on facebook that they are removing some of the comments

Status
Not open for further replies.