When is the confirmed date when and which CC stations going away?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Satradiodude, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satradiodude

Satradiodude Active Member

I noticed that some FB people posted the link that CC sold there stake in XM, -But some people on there are so lazy and don't look for the real reason- I love how people say over and over this was the only reason I kept XM because of so and so channel.
    And then you have the people that say "Put it back now"- I am so glad for sites like DCR :)
  2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Will miss listening to Handel On The Law on Saturday mornings and Cigar Dave in the afternoons. :bs:
  3. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Of all the canceled channels in the past, this is by far the most complained about, but raises 2 big flags for me:

1) Why would you pay this company your hard-earned money and not keep up with what's going on? We've known about this since what- June?

2) Why would you subscribe to satellite radio to hear music channels with commercials? I can partly understand some that listen to the talk & sport channels, but just WOW!
  4. HCW

HCW New Member

The only bots are the ones from XM customer support cutting and pasting the same responses over and over again . This is going to be a nightmare for XM :buttrock:
  5. HCW

HCW New Member

1) We are in the minority unlike the average listener

2) I like to listen to a bunch of different programs. Some of these channels had people that I used to work . The bottom line is that streaming doesn't cut it while you are on the road. Everybody was so excited about better sound quality but all you got was Mexican channels. How would you feel if 5 of your favorite channels got taken away one day out of the blue ?:banghead::banghead::banghead:
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  6. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

I remember cigar dave being on sirius back in 2005 when I first got it. I texted two friends with older sirius radios this info yesterday, no responses. It's just us uber nerds who really give a crap. These is free programming anyway, found on iheart, the stations' website, or even on your local AM dial. They were nice to have all in one radio place for us but CC did their job and now that time is over. Look, the merger happened, one company survived thankfully, and now they have to cater to a wider range of audiences like hispanics/canadians. I'm hispanic and I won't listen to those new channels but I'd still take the service as a whole over whatever mess would have come had the merger not gone through.
  7. Satradiodude

Another thing I don't get is if all these people are saying ch xxx is all I listened too-then why did they not know there channel was leaving XM?- I never listened to them- but I would occasionaly tune to them recently and heard messages that they were leaving XM.
  8. SIRIUSaboutXM

:clueless: Boy, there's really some clueless people on this planet- now some folks are bashing Nikki Six thinking he was at fault for making this happen :wasntme:

And this:
    Really!!
  9. Satradiodude

It's a shame that sometimes the internet can be a help or a hindrance at the same time- when there are some people who just come up with rumors and false statemements on things which feed off on the people who have no idea and just go with it because they don't look into it themselves and get the real truth.
  10. microbob

microbob Well-Known Member

I was watching Leo Laporte today and He was instructing his call screener who asked why his show is no longer on XM, to tell callers complain to SiriusXM as to why his channel was removed. That surely is not helping the situation. Leo also thinks it was their fault and that it happened because of the merger. Wow..
  11. Satradiodude

Amazing even there own talent are clueless-I looked at the SiriusXM FB page- amazing what people make up- One person said it's because it was a hostile takeover from Liberty, and someone else found an old link on a website when Hugh Penero was around and also Mel Karmazin to write them. and others saying that the latino channels are the replacements- don't know where this falls into play, and can't forget the people that have between 4-6 radios and all they listened to was channel xxx?
  12. microbob

microbob Well-Known Member

Leo was getting a lot of calls from people asking why his show was no longer on XM and people were saying they only subscribed to XM just so they could listen to America's Talking and his show. To Leo's credit, He also did refer people to I Heart Radio. I guess Leo does not know that Clear Channel decided to sell their share of XM and that's why they are no longer on the service. He should tell his angry XM listeners that Clear Channel needed the money since they are 20 billion dollars in debt. You know that won't happen.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  13. HCW

HCW New Member

It now appears that SiriusXM has closed off its Facebook page to any commenting
  14. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Glad to have KIIS/Los Angeles on the Sirius sats. Pretty good station, IMHO.
  15. geosync

With this programming void, we need new talent!! Anyone know how to get new music to one of the Canadian stations?? I just met a French American kid who's pretty good and just heard about siriusxm.
  16. SIRIUSaboutXM

Better question- anyone know how to get Stereo sound on those channels?? No one's going to listen to that totally unacceptable AM Radio sound!!
  17. geosync

Yeah it is pretty crummy huh. That last channel merge in 2012, or was it late 2011, really dumbed down the sound quality on the xm side. The music channels still sound better than sirius, but it became much closer that day. Of course I feel the talk programming on sirius is better, no trailing away hiss after a word is spoken. How many subscribers does siriusxm canada have I wonder?
  18. SIRIUSaboutXM

They finally removed those channels from my Lynx- maybe their will be less complaining now :idunno:
  19. Satradiodude

Looks like SiriusXM Comedy showcase is history online- Have loop running now- it was not really needed anyway- With JFL comedy being added I think they have covered all comedy and also UCB Radio is already gone- Maybe another channel shuffle soon?
  20. SIRIUSaboutXM

Maybe SXM is finally getting around to putting the Scream logo on it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.