When is the confirmed date when and which CC stations going away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
I did a serach before posting and did not see anything related to this:

There have been rumors lately that CC is finally going byebye on the XM side and those that have SiriusXM radios. Now it seems official there are postings on XMFan as well the stations themselves are making announcements some are saying 8/1- i think there a total of about 10 stations that are CC based, so this could open up more bandwidth for stations to return from just internet only to satellite as well. CC promotes Iheart radio so why have them on SiriusXM anymore and use the xtra BW wisely.

Anyone have any ideas or anyone from Sirius (joeepistonee) who is on the Siriusxm retention team can shead some light on it.

It's not clear if some music channels on the CC side are staying or not- I guess we will know soon :)

This could open up more 2.0 channels?
Ben Harvey Named SiriusXM 'Chill' PD | AllAccess.com

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
From what I've heard, August 31st is the last day. I assume this would be for all of them.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
From what I've heard, August 31st is the last day. I assume this would be for all of them.

That's the date I've heard, but WSIX is saying end of July. We can only speculate, because SXM will not release any info on this matter until it happens. We should open another thread in programming to voice opinions on what we would like to happen vs what we think SXM will do.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Bring back:
1) Super Shuffle
2) Planet Jazz
3) There was another one but I forgot. :eek:

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I would think it would be easier to replace music with existing channels on internet or xtra channels or automating new ones. Talk sounds harder losing like coast to coast and Fox Sports. I would think SXM would be creating a new Talk and Sports channel right now if they needed to be replaced. How about adding all the ESPN's: Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas with the main broadcast.

I guess we are assuming CC channels would be replaced

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I would think it would be easier to replace music with existing channels on internet or xtra channels or automating new ones. Talk sounds harder losing like coast to coast and Fox Sports. I would think SXM would be creating a new Talk and Sports channel right now if they needed to be replaced. How about adding all the ESPN's: Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas with the main broadcast.

I guess we are assuming CC channels would be replaced

Agreed- I think that's why SXM has been previewing those channels on sats: Fly, R&R HoF and this week will be the 3rd preview of R,W & Booze(this time on Ch 111) and the 2nd preview of Pink Floyd Channel(midnight on Ch 27)

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
And bring back The Village. I just slept through most of the Mary Sue Twohy show on the Bridge.
Aren't there like a total of 10 Clear Channels on SXM.

I think all the CC's are:
(Someone correct me if not correct)

11- KIIS
12- Z100
13- LITE-FM
57-WSIX
241-WGCI
242-SIXX SENSE
243-EXTREME TALK
244-AMERICAS TALK
246-TALK RADIO
247-FOX SPORTS RADIO

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
Art Bell may be making a return to radio possibly on SXM so there could be more than just music replacing CC's bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.