"where its AT"

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
good god that annoys me. i know there are times even here at drc when i speak like a sailor but is so hard to just say "where is it?" the AT thing is so glaringly incorrect english i get a bit mad every time i hear it.

that sublime song was great but its the same deal...what i got (what i have douche) but then again we all give artists a bit more space to be creative. i understand that.

...where its at...F ME its annoying.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc3ZrmhDN4"]Sublime - What I Got - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
good god that annoys me. i know there are times even here at drc when i speak like a sailor but is so hard to just say "where is it?" the AT thing is so glaringly incorrect english i get a bit mad every time i hear it.

that sublime song was great but its the same deal...what i got (what i have douche) but then again we all give artists a bit more space to be creative. i understand that.

...where its at...F ME its annoying.

Sublime - What I Got - YouTube

You sound like my mom.

Grammar and fake words (like "irregardless") used to bug me, but I let it go. Life is short and language is fluid.

Lighten up, Mom.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
You sound like my mom.

Grammar and fake words (like "irregardless") used to bug me, but I let it go. Life is short and language is fluid.

Lighten up, Mom.

gotta hear ya there man. but i think our moms and dads were right. putting up w/this crap is just not right.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Isn't that ending a sentence in a preposition?

Yes it is, but ending sentences with prepositions is not forbidden. Otherwise, you would have to say things like: "Up is where I'm going to throw."

My mother harped on that non-rule rule constantly. If I said "where's it at?" she would automatically reply "you shouldn't use a preposition to end a sentence." Eventually I realized the solution to that problem, and replied "OK, where's it at, asshole?"

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
We need an audio recording of Wolfie's speech patterns. Let's collect a list of phrases we want him to record, then make him post it here.

Reactions: hyson

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell

But with the Sublime song, it's love that he's got and he wants you to remember that. :p

Reactions: semipenguin